[News] There's no need to panic buy petrol

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Cretins voted for a Cretin, Nevilles wrong, the public , on average, are stupid, selfish and greedy with **** you attitude to anyone and everyone else.

Well, you're right of course, but what to do when they make up a significant majority?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cretins voted for a Cretin, Nevilles wrong, the public , on average, are stupid, selfish and greedy with **** you attitude to anyone and everyone else.

What we saw on Friday was the cretins roll call, they know who they are...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The lady sat opposite me right now at work - her husband is a tanker driver. She's been telling me how he's been on the road all weekend, and has been getting abuse from members of the public AND from some petrol station staff.

And that there have been instances where he can't get the tanker to the forecourt to refuel a near-empty tank, because people in the queuing cars, refused to move out of the way to let him through! :facepalm:

So many *****.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The lady sat opposite me right now at work - her husband is a tanker driver. She's been telling me how he's been on the road all weekend, and has been getting abuse from members of the public AND from some petrol station staff.

And that there have been instances where he can't get the tanker to the forecourt to refuel a near-empty tank, because people in the queuing cars, refused to move out of the way to let him through! :facepalm:

So many *****.

They are highly skilled people that do get a lot of stick. I sat drinking a coffee with a mate outside the entrance to the Aldi carpark watching a huge HGV driver have to reverse in off Carlton Terrace. I mean if that wasn't a tough enough task as it was, people beeping, trying to get passed as his cab swung round, people quickly trying to get out of parking spaces behind him. I wanted to give him a round of applause once he got in and around it. What was he doing - delivering the goods that we'd complain about if they weren't there.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
And worst of all, when an intelligent educated person like yourself tells these cretins how stupid they are and how they need to know their place and do as they are told - they don't listen to you!

Funny thing is, when the poorly paid workers formed trade unions and went on strike for more money, they were darlings of the left. Now they have voted to end cheap overseas labour and get wage rises that way, they are cretins. There seem to be a lot of people who are quite comfortably off, demanding that the wages of the low paid should remain low.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bognor v Leatherhead, Kingstonian v Horsham, Hastings v Ashford, Whitehawk v Burgess Hill, Worthing v Merstham and all midweek county league games now off because of this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And most of the other cretins voted for the other cretin bit I'm not sure everyone calling each other cretins is all that helpful!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And worst of all, when an intelligent educated person like yourself tells these cretins how stupid they are and how they need to know their place and do as they are told - they don't listen to you!

Funny thing is, when the poorly paid workers formed trade unions and went on strike for more money, they were darlings of the left. Now they have voted to end cheap overseas labour and get wage rises that way, they are cretins. There seem to be a lot of people who are quite comfortably off, demanding that the wages of the low paid should remain low.

I don't disagree at all . . . people are paid peanuts for lots of jobs, not a living wage in the slightest. . None of it is relevant to blind panic caused by an utterly contemptible press and whipped up by a confirmed incompetent government. the lack of credible opposition only serves to make us the laughing stock of the world as a nation.

Jul 25, 2021
There's unorganised queues blocking roads whilst people are filling up containers of petrol. It's madness and not a single police officer in sight. Unbelievable. I queued for ages this morning at the Hove station Esso garage. Once I finally got to a pump, some bloke then just walked over to a pump next to me, told everyone his car had broken down and he lived 9 miles away so then proceeded to fill up. He was clearly talking rubbish and how coincidental that he just happened to have a massive plastic container in his car when it ran out of petrol and was just around the corner from a petrol station to pop over and fill up!? He got lucky he didn't have to queue too considering everyone else waited for an hour to get their petrol. He was telling us what a nightmare it's been for him as he filled up his container and didn't need to queue.
There's some right scum bags in our society who will lie, twist words and do all they can regardless of the people around them, to get what they feel entitled to more than everyone else.

I've seen Police officers in their numbers for events like a climate change protest or a Pro-Choice march, but where the hell are the police for this? This is when we need them most. Though I bet they come in their hundreds for the game tonight.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There's unorganised queues blocking roads whilst people are filling up containers of petrol. It's madness and not a single police officer in sight. Unbelievable. I queued for ages this morning at the Hove station Esso garage. Once I finally got to a pump, some bloke then just walked over to a pump next to me, told everyone his car had broken down and he lived 9 miles away so then proceeded to fill up. He was clearly talking rubbish and how coincidental that he just happened to have a massive plastic container in his car when it ran out of petrol and was just around the corner from a petrol station to pop over and fill up!? He got lucky he didn't have to queue too considering everyone else waited for an hour to get their petrol. He was telling us what a nightmare it's been for him as he filled up his container and didn't need to queue.
There's some right scum bags in our society who will lie, twist words and do all they can regardless of the people around them, to get what they feel entitled to more than everyone else.

I've seen Police officers in their numbers for events like a climate change protest or a Pro-Choice march, but where the hell are the police for this? This is when we need them most. Though I bet they come in their hundreds for the game tonight.

I suppose they reason, there's no laws being broken

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Will be interesting to see what happens when all this blows over and the next election comes around. Will the great British public kick Johnson and his cronies out or develop their usual selective memories, hold their noses and re elect this shower for the foreseeable future. Don't know why, but my money is on the latter.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Will be interesting to see what happens when all this blows over and the next election comes around. Will the great British public kick Johnson and his cronies out or develop their usual selective memories, hold their noses and re elect this shower for the foreseeable future. Don't know why, but my money is on the latter.

It will depend almost entirely if the print media turn on Boris as they did to Major.

Unlikely.

Pathetic also that this will be the main determining factor.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

The viable alternative?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Depends on whether you blame the migrant workers or society as a whole.

Never mentioned blame - just questioning your assertion that in semi-skilled areas wages rose in line with their counterparts.

They most certainly haven’t, rather the opposite for most.

I’m hoping that short term pain will drive long term gains in the same way that is likely for HGV drivers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports