Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Three and a half more years of shooting wide from 25 yards.

Might as well have just kept AK :jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great news, although I do know of one NSC poster from Oop North who may not be as delighted, his second team has taken a big hit on Mooy :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It seems there must be a bit of a logjam in the transfer market currently. We need the deal at the top to be done so that the deals being held up can start happening.

At least Huddersfield now have some cash to utilise further down the chain.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wonder if we've pushed through the Mooy signing to free up another space for a loan signing? Maybe we are looking to bring a couple of loan signings in and this gives us the extra space?

Mooy could've waited to the summer especially if we were to go down so there must be a reason to bring the deal forward...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant! AM been so good for us. And now... get in a striker...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if we've pushed through the Mooy signing to free up another space for a loan signing? Maybe we are looking to bring a couple of loan signings in and this gives us the extra space?

Mooy could've waited to the summer especially if we were to go down so there must be a reason to bring the deal forward...

That is actually an interesting suggestion and has some merit

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Or maybe we just signed him now because he is a good player? An odd reason I know.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or maybe we just signed him now because he is a good player? An odd reason I know.

More likely. He was never going back to Hudds, seems to have to settled locally, got a good mate in Maty in the team so a bit of a no brainer for all concerned perhaps

Any comment from the poster that suggested he was pissing off to China yet ?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

We had him till the end of the season regardless and if we are relegated would we want a 29 yr old on big money? That said it could also be that Huddersfield offered him at a good price to us for their own reasons to sign him early. Who knows? We will have a better idea in 7 days I guess...

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
We had him till the end of the season regardless and if we are relegated would we want a 29 yr old on big money? That said it could also be that Huddersfield offered him at a good price to us for their own reasons to sign him early. Who knows? We will have a better idea in 7 days I guess...

I thought the fee was fixed in the loan contract? I imagine we went now to avoid a potential auction in the summer. As others have said he can only play for Huddersfield or us this season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Need...

Striker...

Now...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...-cowley-sympathises-fan-frustrations-17627905

Naylor saying less than 5 million, (bargain) HTAFC saying more than 5 million.. Here's Cowley's comments in the press conference. Looks like deal all agreed in summer and triggered over last few weeks!

Absolutely perfect bit of business for everyone. If he had curled up, here, like lettuce in the sun, he could have tottled back to yorkshire, no hard feelings. If, as hoped, he'd crack on here, Huddersfield get a good fee and jobza goodun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here