Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
If anyone sees a white Range Rover in or around Brighton with the number plate beginning with 'N' let @iamtatiana know ASAP.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not in Spain to fax details etc for a loan or transfer or transfer money. you can still carry out on line banking until midnight in the UK or use it to make payments tomorrow but the payment wont be made until after midnight tomorrow, I dont think

Does broadband still work as effectively on bank holidays?

Also, if you sign a player do you always have to pay for them there and then - like you're in a shop buying sweets? Never knew that so thanks for the insight former scout BG :)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I don't think we will sign anyone before window shuts, unless it's a season loan. I think he will get a couple of loans in when that window opens.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If we get the Calleri deal for January (and that's an almighty IF) we'd have Hemed, Baldock, Bobby with Elvis and Hambo to fit around them if they're out, possibly even Harper. I can't see us needing anyone else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Also, if you sign a player do you always have to pay for them there and then - like you're in a shop buying sweets? Never knew that so thanks for the insight former scout BG :)

No it was just a retort to Triggar who said it was too late for Colunga to leave as the window closes in Spain at midnight today but being a UK Bank Holiday nothing could happen at this end. It is the registration and transfer documents that is the important ones to send to the various FAs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure we'll get any more done this window and, if we don't it will still have been fantastic business. Ostensibly we still have COG and Colunga and we probably won't shift either unless someone comes in, but they are both third choice now and what we may well do is loan them out to get the wage bill reduced. If you think of our attacking options even if we don't land Calleri or Vydra then you have Hemed and Baldock who are probably in the driving seat having formed a great partnership with Zamora to back up Hemed. Murphy or Elvis can also play in the Baldock role and if one of them is then we showed on Saurday that Rosenior is very effective in right midfield. Kaz is undroppable which is a shame as he'll be suspended before October. Hambo and Harper will both be pushing for places later in the season too.

If we have a lack of depth at all at the moment it is actually the reliance on the partnership between Kayal and Stephens. Yes there is Ince, Crofts, JFC and Holla to come in but none would be better than what we've got, whereas you could take four attacking players from Zamora, Hemed, Baldock, Murphy, Elvis, KLL, March, Rosenior and we'd look ok.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We shall probably have to accept the fact that the best chance of shifting COG Colunga and Chicksen is during the loan window. with us still paying part of their wages and hopefully the loaning club paying some.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

We can learn a lot from BG, he's been there and done it.

No it was just a retort to Triggar who said it was too late for Colunga to leave as the window closes in Spain at midnight today but being a UK Bank Holiday nothing could happen at this end. It is the registration and transfer documents that is the important ones to send to the various FAs.
I was only kidding BG.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like the whole of Watford's promotion winning side from last year is off to bloody massive club Sheffield Wednesday!!
And they want Rhodes, and have bid for McCormack.

Just get the impression that a lot of it is just talk.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from JC & MV, are we rumoured to be in for any other strikers? Still think this is where we most need reinforcement, i.e. someone to replace / compete with Sam B.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And they want Rhodes, and have bid for McCormack.

Just get the impression that a lot of it is just talk.

... but they have also acted, e.g. by signing Fernando Forestieri...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here