Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sima and Adingra have played 30 games each and scored a few in Ligue 1 and the Jupiler Pro this season. Adingra has more goals and more assists than Mitoma got in the same team in 2021/22. Kozlowski has also done a full season with Vitesse in the Eredivisie. I'd assume that RDZ will want to take a look at these three as well as at Alzate, who was loaned out by Potter after Gilmour was signed. I suspect that RDZ might see more in Alzate more than Potter did.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Biggest priority is a left footed CB imho. Dunk done well there but we do look better balanced with a left footer.
We've already bid for Matviyenko from Shakhtar once, back in January.

Expect us to up our offer and get him once the window opens.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Boniface looks an absolute menace at USG. Would give us a very different option up front.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Iwobi…if the scousers go down!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Go on then, how many signings do we reckon we'll need given our European tour has been booked?

With João Pedro confirmed, and Milner and Dahoud looking likely, where else will we need to strengthen the squad?

This is of course contingent on our outgoings but my early expectations are:-

New GK to challenge Steele - Assuming Sanchez will be off following his recent tantrum and our loanee keepers won't be deemed ready yet.
The question mark is what will be done with the likes of Alzate, Moder etc, will they be given a pre season or are they deemed surplus to requirements now?
If Moder is fit, I'd be staggered if we were to offload him. He looked classs before his injury and a few months of RDZ wll work wonders on him. And I'm excited to see Kozlowski play (and we'll see Moran get first team minutes in the summer too)

I wonder how far Rushworth is from first team action - he's very well regarded and I imagine he's next in line. I do wonder whether we'll need another goalie even if Sanchez goes: Rushworth, Beadle and McGill have all seen league action.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Problem with Rushworth is that at his age his has to playing. No point spending a season on the bench. So if isn't considered genuine competition to Steele he should get another loan. He's very young for a GK still.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Problem with Rushworth is that at his age his has to playing. No point spending a season on the bench. So if isn't considered genuine competition to Steele he should get another loan. He's very young for a GK still.
I read today that Sunderlands 23yo keeper Anthony Patterson, is attracting interest from Wolves and Leicester.

I've watched him twice this season, both 90 mins and his distribution with feet was superb and his GK also very good.

He's one to watch for future.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Summer Transfer Window opens tomorrow !

At least we'll get the João Pedro media stuff once the lower case "j"s are dotted on the paperwork.

Maybe we'll have a festival of announcements or maybe there is ZERO chance of a singing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Moder is fit, I'd be staggered if we were to offload him. He looked classs before his injury and a few months of RDZ wll work wonders on him. And I'm excited to see Kozlowski play (and we'll see Moran get first team minutes in the summer too)

I wonder how far Rushworth is from first team action - he's very well regarded and I imagine he's next in line. I do wonder whether we'll need another goalie even if Sanchez goes: Rushworth, Beadle and McGill have all seen league action.
McGill league action? Hardly - 1 League2 game for Crawley (as a substitute) nearly three years ago!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Talk of Beadle going to Bolton on loan, that would be a good move for him, excelled at Crewe before his injury so he should be able to step up to league 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here