[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm surprised this 'catch all' thread had drifted down a few pages. Are things that quiet on the 'incoming' front?

It seems that way. Then again, it might be that NSC and the social meejas they re-post might be learning that the club do all they can to keep singings under wraps -- but, somehow, that's unlikely.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm surprised this 'catch all' thread had drifted down a few pages. Are things that quiet on the 'incoming' front?

Indeed seems like it, though sometimes things just happens. Not a word had been said about Veltman to Brighton anywhere until he was actually revealed.

But I'm guessing not much will happen on the "in" front until a few players leave (on loan or permanently) as I don't think the club wants to be stuck with a 35 man squad once the season begins.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed seems like it, though sometimes things just happens. Not a word had been said about Veltman to Brighton anywhere until he was actually revealed.

But I'm guessing not much will happen on the "in" front until a few players leave (on loan or permanently) as I don't think the club wants to be stuck with a 35 man squad once the season begins.

Unless it's a player from South America where every move is live on TV.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There was a Jesse Lingard rumour on Twitter based on his odds of joining us. Will that do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unless it's a player from South America where every move is live on TV.

More South Americans could happen. Due to the old work permit rules, English clubs don't really have a lot of scouts outside Europe because you had very little chance of signing them anyway but with the post-Brexit WP rules it is a bit easier so there's a bunch of new markets where you might want to get your foot in and it sure seems like Brighton wants to use the SA (non-Brazilian that is, as Brazilian players are expensive) market.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Out on loan to Stoke?

simon.PNG

[tweet]1539884938677338115[/tweet]

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
More South Americans could happen. Due to the old work permit rules, English clubs don't really have a lot of scouts outside Europe because you had very little chance of signing them anyway but with the post-Brexit WP rules it is a bit easier so there's a bunch of new markets where you might want to get your foot in and it sure seems like Brighton wants to use the SA (non-Brazilian that is, as Brazilian players are expensive) market.

Can you explain what effect Brexit has had on work permit rules for people coming to us from countries outside of the EU?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can you explain what effect Brexit has had on work permit rules for people coming to us from countries outside of the EU?

Previously you had to get a lot of caps for a top 50 ranked country or meet difficult requirements at the Exceptions Panel, but now South American players could earn points from both their domestic leagues (especially from Brazil, Argentina and Colombia) but also from the Europa League/CL equivalents, meaning a lot more players are able to get a work permit without going to the Exceptions Panel.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

swansman explained it well but these are the categories players score points in to get a permit.
https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...st-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

fifteen points required.

players in any big south american league (brazil, argentina) who've played even semi-often in the libertadores or sudamericana are virtually guaranteed a work permit

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Previously you had to get a lot of caps for a top 50 ranked country or meet difficult requirements at the Exceptions Panel, but now South American players could earn points from both their domestic leagues (especially from Brazil, Argentina and Colombia) but also from the Europa League/CL equivalents, meaning a lot more players are able to get a work permit without going to the Exceptions Panel.

As I understand it there was nothing to stop the government from doing this before Brexit as work permit rules have always been the responsibility of the UK government.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I understand it there was nothing to stop the government from doing this before Brexit as work permit rules have always been the responsibility of the UK government.

I actually think the UK govt handed over the responsibility of setting the rules to the FA but yeah you're probably right that nothing stopped it from happening before... but fact remains that post-Brexit football work permit changes makes it easier to sign SA players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I.cant find an 'other teams singings' Fred so here will have to do.

I've not been paying attention but even I've noticed Newcastle have singed, at least 2 new centre backs.
Is BDB's dream move coming to an end already?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I.cant find an 'other teams singings' Fred so here will have to do.

I've not been paying attention but even I've noticed Newcastle have singed, at least 2 new centre backs.
Is BDB's dream move coming to an end already?
Knowing how much you love re-resigning ex-players.... and seeing the open goal....

Get Dan Burn back on loan ? ???

Lol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knowing how much you love re-resigning ex-players.... and seeing the open goal....

Get Dan Burn back on loan ? ???

Lol.

Bet we can't afford him now.
Which is why we sing kids and cast offs.

True EPL experience is above our paygrade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports