Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It would be nice if we could just sign one player with proven 1st team experience, who we could immediately integrate into the senior squad, could hit the ground running, and make a difference this season, as opposed to our current model of simply gobbling up young talent with an eye for the future.

In what position and who would you want replaced?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In what position and who would you want replaced?

Seems churlish to complain when we are currently occupying the heady heights of ninth place in the entire footballing pyramid, but l guess that's always been the way with football fans. never satisfied and forever demanding more.

I'm not sure l'm targetting any particular position or players, but l guess l just miss the expectation and excitement that big money signings brings. The average transfer window leaves a feeling of meh these days.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Seems churlish to complain when we are currently occupying the heady heights of ninth place in the entire footballing pyramid, but l guess that's always been the way with football fans. never satisfied and forever demanding more.

I'm not sure l'm targetting any particular position or players, but l guess l just miss the expectation and excitement that big money signings brings. The average transfer window leaves a feeling of meh these days.

We've had 2 decent players sign new contracts today, we don't need to sign big players on big contracts.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

We still only score on average one goal a game, it’s obvious what position we need to strengthen in. From all the prospects we have signed and the best will in the world none are going to remedy the problem.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I see that Burnley are after an Iranian striker by the name of Sardar Asmoun:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/sardar-azmoun-transfer-burnley-juventus-22827098

Looks like a good player. Good at shooting, likes an assist, just turned 27, 6ft+, pacy, 30+ international goals, scores great headers, good at one touch football, available for around £8m because he has just 6 months left on this contract.

https://youtu.be/G1Ldv4hXZpk

I remember them trying to gazump us for Cucurella, perhaps we should muck around with their proposed transfer by offering Zenit a cheeky bid? Once we come calling, there is no way he’d consider Championship bound Burnley.

Theyve now signed 6'6 Wout Weghorst from Wolfsburg.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
People ought to remember we signed Kacper Kozlowski earlier this month for £8m so it's not as though we haven't signed anyone. Likely to be a couple more for the back up too if Undav and Encisco sign. We are always going to be looking to buy the future Lamptey's of this world and can't see us splurging £20m anymore on 'ready made' players. It's just not the clubs style other than the odd one like Webster (but even he took a fair while to get established).

I'm all for our current approach based on our budgetary contraints. Prefer our slow but steady growing of the club rather than the likes of Villa or Saudi united just trying to buy a ready made team.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
We still only score on average one goal a game, it’s obvious what position we need to strengthen in. From all the prospects we have signed and the best will in the world none are going to remedy the problem.
Agree we need more competition up front & on the bench not 2 goal keepers

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It has been quite interesting how a few clubs like Everton, Newcastle and Tottenham have really been hitting it hard and I wonder if this does send out a signal that we are not really expecting to have a go at breaking into the top 6 or 7, certainly this season anyway.

We are in a fantastic position only losing a few games on a par with the big boys and I wonder if the lack of signing the sort of players that Tottenham are signing for example, goes some way to say we are happy where we are.

I am not complaining at all, I think the position we are in is as unexpected as it is great. I just wonder in the board room discussions, what then” next level” is…or are we saying that we are happy to be in this division and to hopefully remain here for the next few years, and we will buy and loan out with a view to make some money out of decent youngsters from around Europe and South America. Is that the business model?

I would have thought if we wanted to show some “ pushing on” a current England player like Delli Ali, who is having a poor time at Tottenham, would be a great asset to us and provide competition to trossard.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It has been quite interesting how a few clubs like Everton, Newcastle and Tottenham have really been hitting it hard and I wonder if this does send out a signal that we are not really expecting to have a go at breaking into the top 6 or 7, certainly this season anyway.

We are in a fantastic position only losing a few games on a par with the big boys and I wonder if the lack of signing the sort of players that Tottenham are signing for example, goes some way to say we are happy where we are.

I am not complaining at all, I think the position we are in is as unexpected as it is great. I just wonder in the board room discussions, what then” next level” is…or are we saying that we are happy to be in this division and to hopefully remain here for the next few years, and we will buy and loan out with a view to make some money out of decent youngsters from around Europe and South America. Is that the business model?

I would have thought if we wanted to show some “ pushing on” a current England player like Delli Ali, who is having a poor time at Tottenham, would be a great asset to us and provide competition to trossard.

I think it’s more interesting that an Albion fan now thinks we should be competing with clubs like Spurs, moneybags relegation threatened Newcastle and moneybags car crash Everton. We are where we are because we DON’T follow their model imo and we don’t pay massive wages or transfer fees

Pompey tried that approach

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It’s all fairly underwhelming to be honest. I know Tony knows best but if Maupay snaps his Achilles’ tendon in training tomorrow morning we have one striker left who is injury prone and can’t manage 90 minutes.

People keep telling me it’s okay as we get goals from Mwepu Trossard, Ali Mac, Moder, March etc. They have barely reached double figures between them including penalties.

It feels like a season where we may look back and wonder what might have been.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It’s all fairly underwhelming to be honest. I know Tony knows best but if Maupay snaps his Achilles’ tendon in training tomorrow morning we have one striker left who is injury prone and can’t manage 90 minutes.

People keep telling me it’s okay as we get goals from Mwepu Trossard, Ali Mac, Moder, March etc. They have barely reached double figures between them including penalties.

It feels like a season where we may look back and wonder what might have been.

I bet your fun at parties?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I for one am delighted that another transfer window has passed without signing a striker as it is blindingly obvious how clinical we are in the final third and it would have disrupted everything that we do so well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here