Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Shopping list...

Striker (Maybe Edouard or Nunez)
Left back (Maybe Cucurella)
Centre back (If Ostigard goes)
Winger (If Khadra goes)

and plenty more to ship out.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I really hope we're going to sign players that actually play where they should do. I don't like that we keep using midfielders in RWB/LWB roles, it's not what they made their career out of. Sign another RB and a LB, and a CB as can't see Duffy getting the game time he needs. We obvs need another 1 or preferably 2 strikers as Connolly/Zeqiri should be going out on loan and with Welbz not lasting a whole season we need two ideally. Unless Andone is suddenly back in favour then maybe only one! Ah well look at the positive side, it's going to get busy this month with lots still to move on and you'd think 3 or 4 new first teamers coming in!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Shopping list...

Winger (If Khadra goes)

and plenty more to ship out.

I'd agree with that list. Feels like it is a bigger list than at the end of last season weirdly because we have sold White and let a few players leave who might have been involved.

Alternative to a centre back is a right/right wing back to free up Veltman to play centre back the whole time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shopping list...

Winger (If Khadra goes)

Not really. There's nothing to suggest we will be replacing like for like, so nothing depends on Khedra or Ostigard going.; we may get some more players in (or not) but not as direct replacements for anybody, I don't think.
It looks as if the Cucurella deal might be becoming a possible - no problem with that, bring it on. Not so sure on the striker front. If we can get te price down to a reasonable level, I think INketiah could be the one worth taking a punt on. Edouard wouldn't be an upgrade on what we've got; Nunez might be a bit better, but Benfica are taking the pi$$, or trying to - bought hin for the price we would (I think) have paid a year ago, but he chose Benfica (nice idea, but not a good move) and flopped there - and now they expect to make a healthy profit!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How is signing a Man U reserve a Liverpool player who doesn’t make squads and an everton squad player making us top 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest, what pools do you think we should be swimming in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here