Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm not advocating it. As I said, it's not ideal, and would only be used in emergencies. A fix, but not a very good one, if you prefer - but in the absence of NM and AC, at present it's the only game in town!

Concur it’s most likely where we’ll end up, but it is a massive gamble despite Potters PR.

Squad is fine until injuries start.

May end up as the biggest defensive error of the season. Can only hope it isn’t :albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Concur it’s most likely where we’ll end up, but it is a massive gamble despite Potters PR.

Squad is fine until injuries start.

May end up as the biggest defensive error of the season. Can only hope it isn’t :albion2:

Gambles'R'Us!

C'est la vie ......................... it is rather exciting though!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only two PL signings made today...so far

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But if we were playing Trossard in a front three, what would be the space he leaves anyway? If we play three at the back, with wing backs, and Trossard and Alzate as DMs that only leaves three places available, so Trossard is one of our three most advanced players anyway.
Agree the front three should have (flexibly) defined roles, but there are a lot of variations available. I'm not by any means saying it would be ideal, just that we do - just about - have the wherewithal to cover Maupay and Connolly if we absolutely have to. There's also Lallana and possibly Gross to add to the mix too.

Whilst there is flexibility needed from our front 3, they still have positions that suit their skill sets. Anyway, all this talk of a front 3 seems a touch redundant when we’ve started 3 out of 4 League games with 2 strikers, Trossard is free to roam behind the front 2 but tends to float out to the left, I don’t hate the idea of Trossard playing behind Maupay as the 2nd striker with Lallana occupying the CAM position, but I can’t envisage playing a string of games without Maupay as the focal point of our attack.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Possibly nothing today then. I see Leeds are looking to bring in Cantwell from Naarrich.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As it's all gone very quiet this last few days shall I dig my old boots out? Give Stumpy Tim a call ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I did think we may bring someone in this domestic window but I'm not so sure we will anymore.

A loan would be fine, or someone on a 1 or 2 year deal. No need to look at resale value for every single purchase.

A 30+ yr old journeyman striker would probably do to see us through the covid crisis.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion have a recall option on Percy Tau in January ( 12 weeks time ) and are more optimistic of a permit ( Naylor ).

I suspect this means we won't be bringing in a striker before the Friday deadline.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has b.w.2 gone back into hibernation until the January window ?

Perhaps he's seen the noisy people on the other threads demanding their ST money back owing to the outrage of charging folk to watch games that wouldn't ordinarily be televised :shrug:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Albion have a recall option on Percy Tau in January ( 12 weeks time ) and are more optimistic of a permit ( Naylor ).

I suspect this means we won't be bringing in a striker before the Friday deadline.

I’ll say it again - basing our transfer strategy on the whims of any government policy is bizarre in the extreme.

Especially if said ‘striker’ has a 1 in 5 rate in the Belgian league.

Give me a 1 in 4 striker from the French farmers league anytime instead....

Percy Tau was never anything other than a business transaction and instead the poor guy is going to be thrust into the limelight as our goal scoring saviour thanks only to our governments steadfast stubbornness. You couldn’t make this shit up.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So from January we could have Andone, Moder, & Tau joining the squad. Suspect the club will just wait it out til then, which I understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here