Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd agree with that although I though our subs all did very well when they came on.

They wouldn't have done so well if we were chasing a game though. Hopefully we can get to the 31st without injuries to or loss of form to Dunk/Greer/LuaLua/March as we have no quality back up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They wouldn't have done so well if we were chasing a game though. Hopefully we can get to the 31st without injuries to or loss of form to Dunk/Greer/LuaLua/March as we have no quality back up.
Is the right answer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Must be 1 or 2 singings this week I reckon.

Tex ( loan ) + a surprise winger would be excellent.

( And keep Dunk for at least 2-3 more weeks if we really have to sell him ).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
22 days to get the 5 singings in.

Unless we want a GLUT on transfer deadline day, they have to start happening - rapidly and soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
#4 ( CB )
Keogh, Hudson

#15 ( RW )
Marshall, Buckley, Benno

#17 ( M )
Tex

#19 ( LW )
Murphy, Noone, Pudil

#21 ( ST )
Vaz Te

OUTS :
#27 Colunga
#28 Chicksen

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Win Friday takes pressure off but we are in dire need of more quality.

Come on Albion, seal some deals and quickly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
LIngard would cover so many holes and is quality. For a couple of million he would be a bargain.

Can play wide in a 4, in a front 3 and even as a striker.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
LIngard would cover so many holes and is quality. For a couple of million he would be a bargain.

Yep - He's exactly the sort of versatile player we should go for. Can play either wing or up front off the striker - even more suited than Tex in terms of positions...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

And wing back. I wasn't a huge fan of Lingard when he was here before, but I'd be happy to see him sign permanently, especially for £2.5m.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Surprised so many would want lingard, only had a couple of good games for us mostly he was average. Derby fans didn't think much of him last season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It not a REAL 442 though, and Tex can absolutely play in a 4411

It looked a lot like a proper 442 to me on Friday largely, i know we wont do that all the time however.

Lingard can also play that role in a 4411. I rate Tex highly, just feel Lingard offers more versatility and does not lack in quality either.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Tex isn't coming as Harper wasn't bought to play in the DS. We need wingers, a striker (possibly, depending how good the wingers are) and a CB (just the one hopefully). We don't need to buy a no.10.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Tex isn't coming as Harper wasn't bought to play in the DS. We need wingers, a striker (possibly, depending how good the wingers are) and a CB (just the one hopefully). We don't need to buy a no.10.

This.
It was mentioned he would play a couple of games to get up to speed in the DS. He is a first team squad player, not a DS player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm still halfway in this. We don't need to BUY a number 10 but we could certainly do with a loan while Harper gets fit and up to speed. His progression will be injury recovery, match fitness in DS, bench, 1st team. Don't understand why people pretend different. We're not rushing an experienced pro like Zamora back in, why would we do it with an injured teenager??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here