Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
talk about shooting yourself in the foot. FFS surely even Oumar Niasse on loan would have been better than nowt. If money is the issue then surely ship some more dead wood out and then use that to pay for it. Clueless buffons

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dont panic, My SAUCE hiding in the bins store at LARNSING says we'll be SINGING today ???

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lamptey almost signed
Mac Allister on his way
Murray going nowhere
Mooy signed permanent
Kayal back at the club

Bong out
Dryer out
Tilley out
Baluta on loan

Most probably it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
talk about shooting yourself in the foot. FFS surely even Oumar Niasse on loan would have been better than nowt. If money is the issue then surely ship some more dead wood out and then use that to pay for it. Clueless buffons
Trouble is you don't get much money for dead wood - certainly not enough to pay for a striker on loan.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whilst I fully appreciate it’s not my money to spend, I’ve got to say I think this is spectacularly naive and complacent by the club. We are effectively are left with 1 striker currently capable of playing at Premier League level.

Really, It think all 3 have shown they are more than upto the task.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So we have a recruitment team, scouting strikers to replace two we let go from our squad too late to replace at the start of the season We have three top men in charge of recruitment and we find out on deadline day the two we were interested in are unavailable in this window!! Wow
Who were the two we were interested in. Jamie Vardy and Mo Salah?

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Whilst I fully appreciate it’s not my money to spend, I’ve got to say I think this is spectacularly naive and complacent by the club. We are effectively are left with 1 striker currently capable of playing at Premier League level.

Ahem - Glenn Murray - 214 career club goals including 39 premier league goals in 113 PL appearances for Palace and BHA. That's a better than 1:3 PL ratio.

Yes he's old; yes he's increasingly immobile but I'd still back Murray to bury a half chance within the 18 yard box better than any other player we have, or have been linked with (World Cup-winning Giroud excepted). GPott's conundrum is how you get our proven goalscorer on the pitch without him having to lead the line as a lone striker (his legs are definitely not up to that anymore).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ahem - Glenn Murray - 214 career club goals including 39 premier league goals in 113 PL appearances for Palace and BHA. That's a better than 1:3 PL ratio.

Yes he's old; yes he's increasingly immobile but I'd still back Murray to bury a half chance within the 18 yard box better than any other player we have, or have been linked with (World Cup-winning Giroud excepted). GPott's conundrum is how you get our proven goalscorer on the pitch without him having to lead the line as a lone striker (his legs are definitely not up to that anymore).

That’s all in the past and not relevant to to this season. Bobby Zamora’s got some good careers stats too, shall we wheel him out as well?

He’s shown nothing this season to suggest he’s up to it anymore and I disagree about burying a chance in the box too, a younger, more mobile striker would have buried that sitter he missed against Everton.

Relying on Murray now is just desperate.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Maupay - yes;

Murray - definitely not anymore;

Connolly - not yet.

We’re light with just 3 strikers as it is, let alone with 2 of them not really up to it. It’s very risky and I think a massive mistake not to get someone else in.

Andone?

Maybe backup plan Z, as plans A-Y not happening.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's a bad apple. Last thing we need.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s all in the past and not relevant to to this season. Bobby Zamora’s got some good careers stats too, shall we wheel him out as well?

He’s shown nothing this season to suggest he’s up to it anymore and I disagree about burying a chance in the box too, a younger, more mobile striker would have buried that sitter he missed against Everton.

Relying on Murray now is just desperate.

Sadly agree. Two great chances missed at Everton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here