Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Will we deSIGNate anyone today?

I still open the Argus website in the morning in the hope that there will be some transfer news but there never is.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I still open the Argus website in the morning in the hope that there will be some transfer news but there never is.
Stop punishing yourself in this way and free the body and mind from the forlorn hope will make a decent attacking signing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really need 1 of the wingers, and a central defender in before Forest.

Focus on these 2 acquisitions please, albion.

Maybe the other 3 singings will have to wait.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How about Ignasi Miquel? Just released by Norwich.
Spanish - tick
Young - tick
Free -tick x 2

Sorry

he's not currently injured...Untick

I jest ofcourse

However he played 2 games for Norwich. Thats not a glowing reference

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
according to Twatter we are competing with Leeds to sign Will Buckley before next weekend. ??? (6 month loan then buy)

Can't say it doesn't meet the "injured" criteria :lolol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
according to Twatter we are competing with Leeds to sign Will Buckley before the weekend. ???

Can't say it doesn't meet the "injured" criteria :lolol:

I wonder if maybe they are just faking interest forcing Leeds Utd's hand to push through the purchase of Buckley to take them out of the chase for Jamie Murphy and then we nip in and sign Jamie before the weekend.

I am hoping thats the case. I am not a big fan of Buckley but Murphy would be a far more positive signing in my opinion

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I wonder if maybe they are just faking interest forcing Leeds Utd's hand to push through the purchase of Buckley to take them out of the chase for Jamie Murphy and then we nip in and sign Jamie before the weekend.

I am hoping thats the case. I am not a big fan of Buckley but Murphy would be a far more positive signing in my opinion

I'd be delighted with either or both.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Buckley is a right winger, and Murphy can play on the left ? ???

We could get them both ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Buckley is a right winger, and Murphy can play on the left ? ???

We could get them both ???

Murphy is very two footed. Played mostly right wing for Sheff Utd but played mostly wide right for Motherwell. he can also play through the middle as striker or just behind the main striker. Thats why he would be an important signing, he is such an adaptable player and he is not one of these guys who needs to beat the same player 3 times. Once he is past them he just bears down on goal

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Murphy is very two footed. Played mostly right wing for Sheff Utd but played mostly wide right for Motherwell. he can also play through the middle as striker or just behind the main striker. Thats why he would be an important signing, he is such an adaptable player and he is not one of these guys who needs to beat the same player 3 times. Once he is past them he just bears down on goal

Seems to have gone very quite this. Hope we are still in for him, would be a great signing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be surprised if sign any permanent players now until the last week of August - if we've not got them now, their agents & clubs will be holding out for better offers as was the case with Baldock last year. That said, hopefully some Premier League loans will be in very soon (before Forest).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It all started going quiet when some one changed the thread title. ???

Poor move

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You could replace Hughton with Hyppia and 15/16 with 14/15 and it would be like last season hadn't happened!!

Christ the number of times these tired old lines have been trotted out, change the ****ing tune and say something of interest!!

What do you expect them to say?

Show me a manager who will say, "Well, Andy, frankly we're a bit shit. It'll be a relegation dogfight all season long. I'm not really up to the job, and the squad is utter pants."

He'll be the one riding a unicorn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here