Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Is anything actually happening tonight or is everyone talking bollocks as usual? Ta

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Clearly it's Shaun Wright-Philips on loan.

I think he's just signed to the MLS as a 'designated player' (not subject to wage cap) and will want to continue the grand tradition of English players returning for fitness. We need a winger, he needs fitness, he'll be here until Christmas. Simples.

If this is (in defiance of all logic, reason and sensibility) in any way correct I'm going to go out and buy as many scratchcards as I can carry.

Edit; It seems that SWP isn't a designated player but, weirdly, BWP is. Maybe him instead?

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Don't be getting excited or anything. I don't have any inside info other than that 7pm announcements seem to have become the done thing for first team sing songs.
That's cool, i'm not expecting any signings at all this week anyway. We might get one before forest, otherwise it will be at the end of the window as usual.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That's cool, i'm not expecting any signings at all this week anyway. We might get one before forest, otherwise it will be at the end of the window as usual.

........because all our "targets" have been snapped up by our rivals who are prepared to pay what it takes leaving us to sift around among the flotsam and jetsam for bargain basement purchases?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
........because all our "targets" have been snapped up by our rivals who are prepared to pay what it takes leaving us to sift around among the flotsam and jetsam for bargain basement purchases?
Still negotiating with clubs / agents more likely.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Will we deSIGNate anyone today?

I reckon we will sign one more player permanently (probably on a free transfer) and the rest will be loanees, continuing the theme of the club learning nothing from last season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I reckon we will sign one more player permanently (probably on a free transfer) and the rest will be loanees, continuing the theme of the club learning nothing from last season.
A Season long loan or two would be fine IMHO, it was the short term loans that were the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here