Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
An additional centre midfielder would be nice but I think we're overlooking the role Gross could play there so I don't think it's essential.

Overall I think we're in quite a good position going in to the final day. We've addressed the urgent issue that we didn't in August and anyone that comes in now is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. If Chris gets the tactics right, which I'm confident he will, I do think we've got a good enough squad to stay up now.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
An additional centre midfielder would be nice but I think we're overlooking the role Gross could play there so I don't think it's essential.

Overall I think we're in quite a good position going in to the final day. We've addressed the urgent issue that we didn't in August and anyone that comes in now is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. If Chris gates the tactics right, which I'm confident he will, I do think we've got a good enough squad to stay up now.

Do you not think that Gross hasn't enough pace/tackling ability to play CM...i could see him as part of a three which is kind of what at times happens now..but not as a two

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We currently have FIVE first team strikers.
How many exactly would you like?!

Quickly down to five if Hemed goes out on loan, and how many of the remaining strikers (Baldock?) can we rely on to score the goals that we need? Overly cautious approach from me maybe, but as l say, we need to throw everything at this in a bid to survive. With our relegation rivals making quality signings, (West Brom bringing Sturridge in on loan, and Watford signing Deulofeu et al), we have to show intent.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Turned 22 less than a week ago.

Yes, and this falls on your side of the argument. If he can add -- to his searing pace, tricky skill, strength and overall undoubted talent -- the following he'll be quite a player: composure and execution with the final ball, decision-making as to when to play the final ball, and finishing.
These are some of the most difficult qualities to develop, however, which is why I'm veering towards unfulfilled potential, although I might be proved wrong on this.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Quickly down to five if Hemed goes out on loan, and how many of the remaining strikers (Baldock?) can we rely on to score the goals that we need? Overly cautious approach from me maybe, but as l say, we need to throw everything at this in a bid to survive. With our relegation rivals making quality signings, (West Brom bringing Sturridge in on loan, and Watford signing Deulofeu et al), we have to show intent.

Strurridge is crap and we just broke our transfer record for a forward.

We started the season with one fit striker and we now have five.
I suspect you are worrying too much.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
To answer your question . . .

For Gross to play centre mid we would need someone to come in and replace him up front, Locadia maybe. This will be Bruno's final season surely, and as for Rosenior, he has hardly played this season, and the jury is still out as to whether he is still Premier League quality.

If we end up signing a surplus of players then so be it, we'll address that at the end of the season. Having spent so long to reach the Premier League survival is everything.

Locadia is the baldock/gross upgrade, Izzy replacement well that's how I see it.

Literally how many right backs would we need, there is "surplus" then ridiculous. We would have as many right backs as forwards... Bruno, Schelletto and Rosenior are upto the task this season.
I would hang fire on that and centre mid until the summer, unless something outstanding becomes available at the right price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When 'the reserves' have played in the FA Cup, the central midfield has been Kayal + a Stephens/ Pröpper mix.

Suggests we are 1 short here - unless it is because Molumby was injured and he is back soon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When 'the reserves' have played in the FA Cup, the central midfield has been Kayal + a Stephens/ Pröpper mix.

Suggests we are 1 short here - unless it is because Molumby was injured and he is back soon.

Exactly - all it would take would be an injury to one of Propper, Stephens and Kayal and they play every minute of every game. Which has to be both a risk and not good for the players or the team.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Barber on Talksport now telling Jim White that our business is ‘just about done’.......not expecting anyone else in or out by the sound of things. Very happy with the window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber on Talksport now telling Jim White that our business is ‘just about done’.......not expecting anyone else in or out by the sound of things. Very happy with the window.
"Just about done" is not quite "Completely done".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here