Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Totally agree on that. I also assumed wed moved rapidy once the window opened. If it is Andone for example then time is more pressing given we need to get them up to speed and settled. Late in the window and it could be late Feb before the manager starts them and it will be too late then in my opinion

You only have to use Izquierdo last performance as an indication of the time required to get up to speed with this league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably do the same on this deadline day with the same result. Sorry I have no confidence on us signing anybody.and just meekly surrendering our position in the league as a result.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You only have to use Izquierdo last performance as an indication of the time required to get up to speed with this league.

Or look at Pascal Gross for a different example. There is no immediate rush, just as long as we get someone by the end of the window.

Whoever we get our main priority should be to get the rest of the team to start chipping in. Off the top of my head neither Stephens or Propper have scored in the league. That is not good enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Izquierdo is a winger though and will play like he did against Bournemouth at times, but also have poor games like has previously. But I do agree that we cannot expect an overseas player to hit the ground running as the sheer upheaval will mean it will probably take some period to bed in

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or look at Pascal Gross for a different example. There is no immediate rush, just as long as we get someone by the end of the window.

Whoever we get our main priority should be to get the rest of the team to start chipping in. Off the top of my head neither Stephens or Propper have scored in the league. That is not good enough.

We signed Gross 3.5 months before the season started though... Agreed, the fact Propper, Stephens, Dunk or Duffy have not scored a single goal between them has definitely not helped our cause.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

They get into positions to score so rarely that they can't really be faulted on it, as it's obviously what they're told to do.

Stephens is a good striker of the ball (not sure about Propper) but they both shoot so rarely that the very odd occasion that they do it's usually wild and mistimed.

I always thought Dale was a danger at set pieces too, seem to remember him scoring a couple in important games 15/16 lurking back post. Now he is assigned to disrupting the keeper at every corner.

Our CBs on the other hand, despite much acclaim, should have had a couple at least.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I see Barber being a snide in latest comments / taking a swipe at fans.

Seems to of forgotten his faILures in the summer already.

Roll on Feb 1st

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
They get into positions to score so rarely that they can't really be faulted on it, as it's obviously what they're told to do.

Stephens is a good striker of the ball (not sure about Propper) but they both shoot so rarely that the very odd occasion that they do it's usually wild and mistimed.

I always thought Dale was a danger at set pieces too, seem to remember him scoring a couple in important games 15/16 lurking back post. Now he is assigned to disrupting the keeper at every corner.

Our CBs on the other hand, despite much acclaim, should have had a couple at least.

I'm not convinced Stephens and Propper are under orders not to get forward. But, If they are it's no wonder we don't score many, you need your central mifdfielders to pick up the second balls and smash the odd goal in.

Against Bournemouth I saw signs that they were willing to get in the box and support the attack, so maybe Chris has tweeked things.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm not convinced Stephens and Propper are under orders not to get forward. But, If they are it's no wonder we don't score many, you need your central mifdfielders to pick up the second balls and smash the odd goal in.

Against Bournemouth I saw signs that they were willing to get in the box and support the attack, so maybe Chris has tweeked things.

CH choses which opposition he is prepared for his central midfielders to venture into the other half. Whether this works will be determined at the end of the season. I am quite happy for a couple of years building the defence and making us a stable premier club provided that they can slowly develop an attacking function that it capable of playing more interesting football. Hopefully the coffers will swell in the next couple of years they can afford to draw in some decent strikers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love how, on here, Stephens' goal scoring prowess gets talked up.

Anyone not knowing would never guess he's scored 13 goal in 140 appearances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said he scored some important goals in 15/16. Quite a leap you've taken from there.

He scored half his goals, for the Albion, that season, 7 (seven).
Having banged in 2, 2 & 2, in the two seasons before and last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here