Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well that's the problem then. You take someone else's comment and apply negativity to it just because it doesn't fit your view.

A discussion on the merits of our present squad and recruiting to date is neither positive nor negative, it's simply a discussion.

Stop being so negative.

Hmm. Now your just being a **** pal. I'm positive enough to think we have enough about us to stay up. Not a jot of negativity here. Maybe you should try it :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hmm. Now your just being a **** pal. I'm positive enough to think we have enough about us to stay up. Not a jot of negativity here. Maybe you should try it :thumbsup:

I like a bit of analytical analysis myself.

Rather sensible and boring I know but I just can't shake the logic.

Naturally one can be wrong from time to time.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
What concerns me about this latest article beyond the obvious, is that it only mentions a GK and a Striker. Meanwhile we have a gaping hole in our midfield which will be the critical signing for me.

I guess the positive spin could be that a deal is close/done.

I read that this morning and was a little concerned since this is as important as the striker for me. Particularly when Bruno played there Tuesday and Naylor highlights in a tweet today how a right back played so well in midfield for man city yesterday. Are we being prepared for no midfield signing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I read that this morning and was a little concerned since this is as important as the striker for me. Particularly when Bruno played there Tuesday and Naylor highlights in a tweet today how a right back played so well in midfield for man city yesterday. Are we being prepared for no midfield signing?

You know I think I might prefer Bruno in midfield rather than as a RB this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I like a bit of analytical analysis myself.

Rather sensible and boring I know but I just can't shake the logic.

Naturally one can be wrong from time to time.

I feel a bit sorry for you. Your gonna have such a miserable time this season. You should be embracing it. Each to there own I guess.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I feel a bit sorry for you. Your gonna have such a miserable time this season. You should be embracing it. Each to there own I guess.

I would have thought wanting our club to spend some money and bring in some world class talent is embracing it. Seize the moment kind of stuff.

Forgive those of us who don't feel as yet we've seized that moment.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We don't know how many players we have contacted, made a bid for or generally inquired for. Just because we are in the premier league does not give us a giving right to sign any top player we want. Clubs will either want too much money for them or other clubs will be sniffing around them who can offer more wages or transfer fee than us. Would you rather us just sign someone average who will not improve the squad just so we can say "we have made a signing"??

No. I would prefer us to make signings of sufficient quality AND on a timely basis... if that requires loosening the purse strings a bit to meet market prices, then so be it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Chris Hughton, Paul Winstanley, Paul Barber, Tony Bloom seem pretty expert at managing, recruiting, running and chairing football clubs.
Or can't you bring yourself to admit it.

Admitted, but... Most of the time, and not this summer, it seems...

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
This thread is silly now. None of us know anything about what has been happening so let's just stfu. There are good reasons why TB is a multimillionaire, CH a successful manager and PB earns a shed load of money. They know how to run a successful football club and none of us do. Let's trust the experts who have a financial and professional stake in the Albion doing well. They are doing the best they xan

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This thread is silly now. None of us know anything about what has been happening so let's just stfu. There are good reasons why TB is a multimillionaire, CH a successful manager and PB earns a shed load of money. They know how to run a successful football club and none of us do. Let's trust the experts who have a financial and professional stake in the Albion doing well. They are doing the best they xan

Well, it ain't good enough IMHO... that isn't 'silly', it just differs from your POV... live with it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here