[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As long as we spend the money we make from him, I'd be fine with this. He's not worth £4.5m. I'd say we could replace him for £2m quite easily if we buy well, and that would leave £2.5m to buy a quality attacking player or two.

The problem is that we'd probably only spend a fraction of it on the team like last summer when we raised £10 million from the sales of Buckley and Ulloa.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I will despair if we have sold Dunk, even for £4.5M. We really should not be selling one of our best players to a Championship rival. It would be different, of course, if we had signed 3-4 more players (ideally of high quality) but I'm not at all hopeful of that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club won't sell him to another Champ team. I know nobody believes that. But worth noting how many times , and they normally don't say much about anything, have actually said it publicly this summer.
"Dunk is very much a part of what we are trying to achieve here and we, at this particular moment, are certainly not thinking in any way about losing any players" Hughton , The Argus, July 8th

As for the source of this rumour. Its here. Someone with 77 followers on Twitter. Of course it must be true. Or perhaps not. the fun people have making up stuff on Twitter in close season.
[tweet]621645549897388032[/tweet]
Insists he "has a friend at the club" . of course he does.

Surely if a fee had been agreed, it would be public?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Completely agree with this. There's a lot of fuss about last season proving that we must act early to have a chance of being up there. However, last year we had an awful manager in charge for the first half of the season and the signings didn't work out as a result. If we sign the right players in August, then they should fit in fine. It's not ideal but most clubs don't complete their activity in July. It's very rare and usually means you overspend.

Agreed it is about the right players but not sure about August. I would suggest it is key that we get off to a decent start this year, to lift the morale around the place and for confidence going forward which must be fragile after last season. Given the number of games and points available in August I would suggest that the squad need to be in place bar the odd one by Forest this time round.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The problem is that we'd probably only spend a fraction of it on the team like last summer when we raised £10 million from the sales of Buckley and Ulloa.

What about the 60m of losses in the years since Bloom arrived . If he makes a few quid selling ulloa then is it ok if a bit goes on them ? Given its his money ?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
What about the 60m of losses in the years since Bloom arrived . If he makes a few quid selling ulloa then is it ok if a bit goes on them ? Given its his money ?

Of course. Unfortunately football at this level is in a state so the most likely way to get to the promised land of the Premier League is by incurring big losses.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
John Marquis has scored approx 1 goal in 4 games mostly on loan to Div 2 teams. So is he the 20 goal a season man required, I doubt it.

Also he signed a new contract with Millwall at the end of May. Def won't be arriving at the Amex anytime soon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Another day gone. Are we really happy with half way there?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Of course. Unfortunately football at this level is in a state so the most likely way to get to the promised land of the Premier League is by incurring big losses.

If that's the case the prem league - here we come !!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
As long as we spend the money we make from him, I'd be fine with this. He's not worth £4.5m. I'd say we could replace him for £2m quite easily if we buy well, and that would leave £2.5m to buy a quality attacking player or two.

If we could get decent replacements easily then surely we would have signed someone already for what is a position with little cover currently. Also although I can see the attraction of the Premier League surely Dunk wouldn't see Fulham as a massive step up

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Same old story, we are a selling club so it's inevitable but if we reinvest the money it's not such a bad idea, however we've seen what happened after selling Barnes, Bridcutt, Buckley and Ulloa...

I really hate the phrase selling club. All clubs are selling clubs if the price is right. Man U sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid. Are they a selling club as you put it?

I do agree about it not being a bad idea if we reinvest well (although I still think it's made up on Twitter as Fulham could get a better centre back than Dunk for £4.5 million).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports