Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The recent argus article has quotes from CH which suggests we have targeted Suttner and a couple of loans so I guess our business is late because the focus is mainly on loans to keep funds in the kitty and get value for money

Even though we are prepared to shell out 12M+ for Delaney, a CM?

Money is there to be spent, problem seems to be we're having trouble spending it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Probably bobbins, but there was a snippet in the Sun the other day (yes I know) saying we were sniffing around Ulloa, in the region of £8m.

I'd be well happy with that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Probably bobbins, but there was a snippet in the Sun the other day (yes I know) saying we were sniffing around Ulloa, in the region of £8m.

I'd be well happy with that.

Am I the only one who wouldn't be? Don't get me wrong - I loved Leo and his time for us, but I don't see him as much of an upgrade, if at all, on Murray, and we have Hemed for that sort of role too.

For me, splashing the cash on a striker/attacking player has to be all about someone with pace to burn, able to get on the end of Murray's knock downs and general hold-up play.

All that aside, it sounds like Leicester want to keep him, and Betis are sniffing around too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Am I the only one who wouldn't be? Don't get me wrong - I loved Leo and his time for us, but I don't see him as much of an upgrade, if at all, on Murray, and we have Hemed for that sort of role too.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

For me, splashing the cash on a striker/attacking player has to be all about someone with pace to burn, able to get on the end of Murray's knock downs and general hold-up play.

All that aside, it sounds like Leicester want to keep him, and Betis are sniffing around too.

He was getting a bit humpy with the lack of 1st team opportunities there. Maybe he's been given assurances he'll be a more regular starter then.

I'd like to have seen him back. Murrays pushing 34 now and has a lot of miles on the clock, Ulloa is 30. Fully agree we also need a pacey forward as well, but Ulloa + AN Other with that pace would see our striker options snorted IMO. He'd make hay with the service he'd get from Solly and Knocky.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Far from it.

Decent player, and seemingly an absolute GENT, but not the forward we are in desperate need of.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Spot on. As much as i love the man, hes not required at the moment, next season maybe.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Far from it.

Decent player, and seemingly an absolute GENT, but not the forward we are in desperate need of.

Absolutely this. The forward(s) we sign won't be the traditional hold up player it will be a quicker probably smaller player. If we are talking Leicester forwards I'd take Okazaki or Musa.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it would be a choice of 2 from 3 Leo, GM and TH. Personally I would look at offers for TH as I do not think that he will cut it in The Premier and look to replace him with Leo and obviously the nippy striker we all crave.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is there a level of expectation that is bordering on the ridiculous? If there is I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of it. When I read that Kieran Gibbs is available I'm wondering why we've not signed him already, but as much as I don't want to acknowledge it, we are just Brighton, we're nothing special and certainly not in this league. Yes we have a nice stadium and great training facilities, but that's not exclusive to us. I'll admit to being slightly jealous that Huddersfield have spent circa £40m already, they haven't signed any world beaters (to my knowledge), but they've definitely upgraded two or three positions. At the moment the only upgrade to our squad is Groß, we do need four, five maybe six additions, and we know there is money to spend, but the reality is the players we sign will absolutely not be household names. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
Is there a level of expectation that is bordering on the ridiculous? If there is I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of it. When I read that Kieran Gibbs is available I'm wondering why we've not signed him already, but as much as I don't want to acknowledge it, we are just Brighton, we're nothing special and certainly not in this league. Yes we have a nice stadium and great training facilities, but that's not exclusive to us. I'll admit to being slightly jealous that Huddersfield have spent circa £40m already, they haven't signed any world beaters (to my knowledge), but they've definitely upgraded two or three positions. At the moment the only upgrade to our squad is Groß, we do need four, five maybe six additions, and we know there is money to spend, but the reality is the players we sign will absolutely not be household names. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is.

Not yet Darren, not yet:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here