Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right..I am just off down Mash Barn lane to ask BURKE and his chums what is going on....

We can only dream of a recruitment team capable of bringing in the likes of Stockdale Baldock and Stephens.
This current shower have obviously been told they can keep what's left in the warchest on 02.09.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Dzyuba would be an upgrade on Hemed but it would be pointless to have both of them and Murray. Fantastic in the air, great finisher but about as mobile as a shipping container.

I know that twitter rumour is probably crap but If we're going to buy from Russia, Fedor Smolov is the man to get, he's much quicker and more agile, his scoring record in the last few seasons is brilliant too.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
See from the Argus they are off to the training camp today. In spite of the transfer deadline being August 31st nothing will convince me that it would not have been hughly beneficial to have had a couple more signings in the bag by now. Let's hope this weekend and next week are significant in terms of moving the process along.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
See from the Argus they are off to the training camp today. In spite of the transfer deadline being August 31st nothing will convince me that it would not have been hughly beneficial to have had a couple more signings in the bag by now. Let's hope this weekend and next week are significant in terms of moving the process along.

We're probably on a scouting mission out there - expect half a dozen signings from thd Bundesliga and the Austrian equivalent.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

True, but often things happen well past training camps...last year we signed Duffy, Norwood etc... read between lines each year is the same, go away train, look to sign, look to off load.. come back, increases even more...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
True, but often things happen well past training camps...last year we signed Duffy, Norwood etc... read between lines each year is the same, go away train, look to sign, look to off load.. come back, increases even more...

Which does reduce the value of the training camp itself.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Elvis not on the trip to Austria.

Even if we cannot get rid of him and have to continue paying his wages, it is clear he is out of the squad.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Red Bull Leipzig have confirmed they will sell Oliver Burke but not loan him.
Lots of offers to loan.
No brainer this, he is quality together with Brereton at Forest.
Both powerful, direct, young and hungry..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Not really a no brainer when you factor in expensive and unproven. Would be a good signing for the right price though.

Especially as you'd think they would want to recoup most (if not all) of the £13m they paid for me. Fee definitely won't make him a cheap option, but can't see wages being out of our reach.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yawn [emoji46]

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Which does reduce the value of the training camp itself.

This training camp is more geared towards fitness, and you would assume that the players we have an interest in will also either be on one or are concentrating on getting fitness back elsewhere.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
This training camp is more geared towards fitness, and you would assume that the players we have an interest in will also either be on one or are concentrating on getting fitness back elsewhere.

True although they also have their first pre season run out whilst there so you would assume some time will be spent on pattern of play etc. It is surely also about settling into the group and getting to know you team mates so earlier signed the better for me.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Clearly some people didn't appreciate my efforts to promote the idea of Hughton signing Jon Walters

Are you his agent? Nice try if you are. Last year, or the year before, he mighr have been useful to us (IMHO) although I'm fairly sure wages would have been a problem. But that was then, this is now..............

Jeez - what a load of patronising old shite! What bunch of shysters do you support (well 5p in the £ support anyway)?

Maybe asking a few Stoke supporters about Walters might have been appropriate - and this is only a small selection

Burnley fans should know you simply cannot lose on this deal. Super Jon is the very opposite of a "bad apple", and will be a beloved character in the dressing room and a 110percenter on the pitch. It would be impossible for any team with 11 like him to be relegated. He plays right wing forward as well as striker, is strong in the air, great upper body strength, work rate etc. What's not to like?!?

A man who owes SCFC nothing and to whom we will be forever indebted. Not the greatest goalscorer by any stretch of the imagination but a superb athlete and committed player.

Great signing for burnley, a captain on the pitch and leads by example. His effort has often energised a lacklustre stoke team. It's the effect he has on other players when on the pitch which will make him popular.

Good luck SJW, great signing for Burnley, great loss for Stoke.

3mil doesn't get you a lot nowadays. But Burnley have got great deal for a player who doesn't stop running, gives it his all and has vast experience. Massive loss for Stoke in my opinion!

Jon Walters is one of those players you think is a bit rubbish but every time you watch him he plays a blinder.

I would suggest that Walters is exactly the type of player Hughton needs to bring in for experience - and I am surprised that Brighton weren't mentioned in the mix for signing him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here