Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Think we need some kind of positive incoming action now..... Newcastle are consistently reminding fans things are imminent, and Huddersfeld who in theory are 3-4 weeks behind are making PL outlays..We seem to have gone incredibly quiet on ALL fronts....eg signings, new away kit, sleeve sponsor etc and all the while the BIG established teams go on adding to their squads... I'm sure it will be like buses etc, but a little bit of excitement would be good..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think we need some kind of positive incoming action now..... Newcastle are consistently reminding fans things are imminent, and Huddersfeld who in theory are 3-4 weeks behind are making PL outlays..We seem to have gone incredibly quiet on ALL fronts....eg signings, new away kit, sleeve sponsor etc and all the while the BIG established teams go on adding to their squads... I'm sure it will be like buses etc, but a little bit of excitement would be good..

Really don't get this idea that clubs that come up via the playoffs are "weeks behind" those that went up automatically. We may have started negotiating weeks before them but if you don't make quick signings, in fact wait until the end of the window, as we are told most clubs do, then there is no advantage :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No not anyone but perhaps someone that the clubs praised scouting department have been tracking for possibly 2 years now according to barber. But then again you knew exactly what I was getting at

They will sign when it's done. If that's today then great. If it's post Austria then never mind.. If it's in August so what.
It's the quality of the players we sign not the date they put pen to paper.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Exactly. I'm not going to be reassured we are up for it this season until I know the name of the sleeve sponsor.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd even take a a BG rumour directly lifted from that twitter account right now.

Very very quiet.

Come on Albion.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They will sign when it's done. If that's today then great. If it's post Austria then never mind.. If it's in August so what.

Not sure I agree. There is merit to the argument that a player with a pre-season behind him might work out better than a player with more ability signing on deadline day.

At least managers and coaching staff themselves never fail to overstate the importance of a full pre-season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd even take a a BG rumour directly lifted from that twitter account right now.

Very very quiet.

Come on Albion.

It most certainly is very quiet. I may have to take a trip down to the Amex tomorrow, just to make sure it's still there. Or was it all in my imagination?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Not sure I agree totally with that. We are going need every single point to maintain our extremely hard won status and whatever way you look at it the sooner the scouted players can be integrated the better. Yes it's about quality but as everyone keeps telling me all the players on our target list are of similar quality so early signings don't mean reduced quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It most certainly is very quiet. I may have to take a trip down to the Amex tomorrow, just to make sure it's still there. Or was it all in my imagination?

To save you a journey I will confirm it is as I am going with wife to her latest scan at the Uni on Wednesday. so will catch the bus into town while she is having it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To save you a journey I will confirm it is as I am going with wife to her latest scan at the Uni on Wednesday. so will catch the bus into town while she is having it.

Thanks, I haven't been on a no. 17 since travelling down for the Wigan game. I'll have to ask for directions to the bus stop now! Wish your wife well for me.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I can't agree with this, I would hate to be sat on here in May having missed out on safety by a point or two and looking at our first month and thinking "what if" if we make a majority of our signings at the deadline.

I'll be the first to admit I am impatient as hell too and can understand your POV, just giving a different one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here