Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Disappointing to see Gary Hooper is talking to Sheffield U about a season long loan but maybe that releases Murphy to come our way?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
There's nothing on Bozza's or Andy Naylor's Twitter feeds. How soon did one or the other tweet before the other signings? Bozza was right on 7 pm with the Bong signing I think, though that may have been just to start a NSC thread. I'm sure Naylor had tweeted a good bit beforehand, though it might only have been a few minutes before.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
There's nothing on Bozza's or Andy Naylor's Twitter feeds. How soon did one or the other tweet before the other signings? Bozza was right on 7 pm with the Bong signing I think, though that may have been just to start a NSC thread. I'm sure Naylor had tweeted a good bit beforehand, though it might only have been a few minutes before.

Seems to be that the Jornos/people like Bozza get a heads up about half an hour before any announcements.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Agreed, stand down for this evening, false alarm.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lets hope its Adebayo Akinfenwa

:lolol:

Hmm. Have you read the thread?

I didn't have any inside knowledge on it. Or claim to. However, in the spirit of this thread, I had a guess at a logical position we'd be looking to fill. Which, in turn, inspired Country Seagull to make a funny.
The photo of Stewart Downing was meant to indicate it was not entirely serious.

Problem?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
:lolol:

Hmm. Have you read the thread?

I didn't have any inside knowledge on it. Or claim to. However, in the spirit of this thread, I had a guess at a logical position we'd be looking to fill. Which, in turn, inspired Country Seagull to make a funny.
The photo of Stewart Downing was meant to indicate it was not entirely serious.

Problem?

Nah, don't sweat it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club doesn't sign anyone until all the Zamora/Orlandi/Murray threads return to the first page.

At that point they step in and slap down all the ITK crew by signing a player who's sole credential is only being mentioned once on NSC.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I've heard that we're after not just one, but two more forwards.
No idea whom, but I would imagine that would include a loan player. Thinking: Wilson or Lingard.

Wonder if that would mean O'Grady is off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton is quoted as saying we need to replace 5 loan players we have lost, and 3 others that didn't have their contracts renewed.

Actually we didn't renew CMS, Kemy, Hughes, and McCourt which is 4.

However, Rea has moved up to the senior squad replacing Hughes.

8 required then, of which 3 have been signed.

Hughton also talks of the Walton replacement separately.

From this it looks like 5 more in, without considering O'Grady leaving.

( 1 GK Walton replacement )
1 Central Def
2 Wingers
1 At Mid Tex replacement
1 Striker
(+1 Striker to replace O'Grady)

( I assume Colunga is off to Real Zaragoza or elsewhere in Spain )

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No one sings on a rainy day . :(

Unless Gene Kelly plays Centre Half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here