**********Thee Unofficial Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Match day Thread**********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Sky commentators said it and I think they're spot on - Murray could be the difference this season.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A good comeback from Brighton and it feels that 1-1 is about the right score.
I think Brighton will be the happier as I couldn't see where a goal was coming from until that superb strike by Murray.
This game is a nailed on 1-1 draw, Both sides look defensively solid despite both having already scored.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful positioning from Stockdale for the Villa goal, softest goal we have conceded this season imo

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
We need to come out stronger in the second half. Could have been at least 2 down before the equalizer with our usual brick wall defence looking uncharacteristically shaky. Knocky seems off-colour and Skalak being held in check on the left leaves a lot for Murray and Baldock to do.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Villa have quality players who are relishing this challenge, we need to up our game if we are to stay in contention for auto.

Villa are chasing down everything, hopefully they will run out of steam

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think FFS has pulled our nuts out of the fire. We've looked dozy and slow so far. Hopefully CH will sort us out now.

I agree. Fantastic goal but we look a bit all over the place before that. Fingers crossed for a better second half and put a bit more pressure on them. Come on you seagulls.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Looking a bit rusty. International breaks don't seem to agree with us. FFS Murray, though!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Villa have quality players who are relishing this challenge, we need to up our game if we are to stay in contention for auto.

Villa are chasing down everything, hopefully they will run out of steam
That's true but I think you're over dramatising it a bit if you think we need to up our game to stay in contention for the top two. We need to up our game to win this match, yes. But we'd beat some teams comfortably playing at this level. To be honest I just think we need to switch tactics. I'd be tempted to take off a winger and play Norwood as Villa seem to be doing a job on our centre midfield.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
We need to come out stronger in the second half. Could have been at least 2 down before the equalizer with our usual brick wall defence looking uncharacteristically shaky. Knocky seems off-colour and Skalak being held in check on the left leaves a lot for Murray and Baldock to do.

Has his mind elsewhere, i would imagine it would be so hard for him. Don't really blame him for not really being with it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's true but I think you're over dramatising it a bit if you think we need to up our game to stay in contention for the top two. We need to up our game to win this match, yes. But we'd beat some teams comfortably playing at this level. To be honest I just think we need to switch tactics. I'd be tempted to take off a winger and play Norwood as Villa seem to be doing a job on our centre midfield.

True but we need to win games like this if we want to be in the top two...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Villa have threatened twice in the opening moments of the 2nd half. If we can find a way of winning this it would be a brilliant result as Villa are looking one of the most solid sides we've seen this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports