Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**********Thee Unofficial Brighton & Hove Albion v Aston Villa Match day Thread**********

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's the game Norwich should have given us.
Probably should have brought Norwood on earlier but no harm done.
You can't be good every game: get points when you aren't.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Gave them too much respect, gave the ball away in no pressure situations, gotta do better.
Glad for the point, roll on next game :)

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Got away with a poor performance tonight. Stephens in particular being quite sloppy in possession IMO.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ we had so many misfiring players tonight it was unreal...poor passing and no quality going forward what's so ever.This was worse than the Brentford game and we clung on for a point against a very well drilled villa side in the end.
I would have taken skalak off at half time and was hoping March would've got a few minutes at least:glare:

Really poor tonight but we'll bounce back I'm sure and get back to playing the way we can:clap2:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
To much passing backwards in this game, Stephens imho was somewhere else tonight, hurry up Beram

Dale was away with the birdies,along with Stockdale.Lucky point,onwards and upwards!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Poor performance from players and supporters, hardly heard a peep from supporters and it looked like the players weren't communicating either.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe our momentum has been disrupted by the international break and capitalised on by a Villa team regrouping under Steve Bruce. He knows us too well.

Our expectations are very high after some stellar performances but occasionally we might still have to accept the odd hard fought draw. In previous seasons this game might have ended badly, so glass half full. Hopefully we can regain our true form next week.

Meanwhile I can savour another class goal from Murray.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Villa pressing us and an off night. Pleased with a draw.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why are we always so shit after an International break?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
A team that spent what, 30m? In the summer couldn't beat us at what could be our worst. Villa are looking a good side under Bruce all the more reason to avoid them in the playoffs.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will take that, not playing well and taking a point against a Villa side that are in form with the players they have is a result, when you are second with our recent form and watertight defense it gave them an extra incentive as well, it shows we are good enough not to lose when playing badly against very good teams, Villa will be dissapointed.
But, why is it that we never seem to perform after a break and rarely perform on Sky, i try not to believe in such things and hope that we can put that myth to bed, but you cannot ignore the facts.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A point's not too bad, but we seemed to be under the cosh more than I would like. Don't fancy going to Villa Park on the last day needing three points to pip Villa for second place!

Be good if we did, though. Can you imagine?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Usual substitutions - striker off, winger on, winger off, defensive midfielder on. Wouldn't think we were at home and second in the league! Should of shown attacking intent, not bring on pressure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Gave them too much respect, gave the ball away in no pressure situations, gotta do better.
Glad for the point, roll on next game :)
That's how I saw it, we gave them too much respect and seemed afraid to attack, sat back far too often and invited Villa to push forward more. At least we nicked a point while playing at home.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Dale was away with the birdies,along with Stockdale.Lucky point,onwards and upwards!
You can add another 5 players to that and as bong and knocky were really poor as well.
We started off slowly and like many said to many back passes etc....Villa were very good but we actually played really really bad as normal straightforward passes went astray.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Grealish changed the game in the 2nd half. Once he came on, they started really dominating. Norwood was brought on to clog up the central area where Grealish was getting way too much time and space.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Usual substitutions - striker off, winger on, winger off, defensive midfielder on. Wouldn't think we were at home and second in the league! Should of shown attacking intent, not bring on pressure..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have swapped both wingers in the second half and brought hemed on :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here