Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The XX - Brighton Dome 6 Dec 12

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I remember seeing em at the Concorde, for some reason they were supporting Vampire Weekend which made for a strange gig.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Phew, found the access code email in my junk box and now have one. Fingers crossed some friends can get them on general sale on Friday, otherwise I will be going by myself!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Where they origianlly the XX Teens or was that another band? I remember seeing the XX at Audio only cost about a fiver.

I also remember seeing friendly fires there as well around the same time.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I love The XX , didn't realise playing in Brighton! Thanks for this thread :)

Vincybaby

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks for the heads up on XX tickets, I will be at Playgroup festival on Friday so fingers crossed someone else can get my ticket.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did they play it? I thought it got switched to Audio or somewhere. They were definitely booked.

I think you might be right. I remember seeing them at the Concorde after the cat was out of the bag but do remember a smaller show. Was it a victim of the Free butt closing? I can't remember now.

Saw them at Bestival a couple of weekend's ago and it all fell a bit flat I thought. I would imagine The Dome will suit them down to the ground though.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I bought the CD and am disappointed that it hasn't grown on me like I hoped and thought it might. They sound a touch like Nick Cave and also a band form the West Coast of the States called Deep Sea Diver both of who I like.
There you go, my 15 year old daughter loves them so the CD has not gone to waste.

TNBA

TTF

Dec 29, 2011
I think you might be right. I remember seeing them at the Concorde after the cat was out of the bag but do remember a smaller show. Was it a victim of the Free butt closing? I can't remember now.

Saw them at Bestival a couple of weekend's ago and it all fell a bit flat I thought. I would imagine The Dome will suit them down to the ground though.

I saw them at Bestival and I have to disagree. The high pitched 'twongs' of the guitar floating across the nights gentle breeze was made for an amazing spectacle. Just because no-one could mosh or jump about doesn't mean they were 'flat'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here