Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The X Files reboot

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Maybe it's me but something off about Gillian Anderson. Can't quite put my finger on it. She's a cougar now though.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Maybe it's me but something off about Gillian Anderson. Can't quite put my finger on it. She's a cougar now though.

We had front row seats on the same level as the stage for A Streetcar Named Desire in London last year and she looked okay parading in around in very little a couple of feet away.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
As someone who has never seen a single minute of X Files, should I start at the beginning, start with the new ones or just not bother with any of it?

If you do decide to take the plunge make sure you download/purchase in 1080 as it makes such a difference to the viewing experience, especially where so many of the episodes rely on Ridley Scottesque use of darkness to convey suggestive terror etc.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
After a really entertaining episode 3 I thought episode 4 was a bit disappointing - still worth seeing but somewhat disjointed

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Having watched most the originals I was quite impressed by the first 5. Fox have said they would love to do another season so its down to the actors.

Seeing the first episode was over 25 years agot hey've aged well. Fist or latest episode I would leave GA looking like she had been sitting on a horse for to long.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm enjoying this series so far - it's almost a piss take but not quite. Episode 5 is a bit of a laugh as well.

GA has just followed pretty much all the other film/tv stars above a certain age and decided that any wrinkle on her face has to be obliterated. Quite why 99% of Hollywood feel this is the way to go is beyond me, but such is life.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really enjoyed the second one (sorry, US/SA users, we're a little behind the loop here).

A bit gory, a bit tense, still with that familiar X-Files tongue in cheek side to it. Loved it. Heard great things about episode 3 too, can't wait for tomorrow night.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Really enjoyed the second one (sorry, US/SA users, we're a little behind the loop here).

A bit gory, a bit tense, still with that familiar X-Files tongue in cheek side to it. Loved it. Heard great things about episode 3 too, can't wait for tomorrow night.

It is extraordinary that we in SA are ahead of you for a change - usually have to wait years to see series that are discussed on here! You will be pleased to know that everyone's favourite quiz, Pointless, is finally getting an airing here (just the first 2 series though so far on repeat).

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Great Season Finale - taps into all the current conspiracies and scary stuff in the papers. Good to see William B Davis back as the Smoking Man. Although this was only 6 episodes I really enjoyed it. It ties up some of the lose ends and then sets up a cliff hanger ending ensuring another series will be in the pipeline. At least there is a new series of "Gotham" starting next Monday to fill the gap.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Been enjoying this, downloading the last episode now.

Can't beleive (even though I want to) that it's 25 years ago it first started

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last night's episode was complete garbage.
They always threw in a 'spoof' episode, probably even 1 per series.

As much as they are a bit shite, I still enjoy them.
Coming up we'll get really heavy episodes weighed down by dialogue, conspiracy and counter conspiracy.
Those will pretty much disappear up it's own backside, as they'll be lacking in actual plot.

2 sides of the same coin.

That said I think The X-Files has always been at it's best when investigating one-off creepy cases.
I remember many of these, even though they were almost 20 years ago:-

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/greatest-x-files-episodes/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here