The Will Buckley song.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We Sing Ole Ole Ole Ole Harley, Harley, when he comes on, although thats generally because we are a little bit drunk.

Are you in WSU around block F by any chance?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The main problem with that song is the simple fact that William has three syllables (like Elliott before him), whereas Heartbeat is just two.
It really doesn't work and sounds musically awful.

The Liverpool fans, who it was copied from, sung it for Maxi (two syllables) and though the vowel sounds are different to the word heartbeat, the latter part of the chorus Maxi Rodriguez, fits almost perfectly with "Why do you miss".

The Bennett and Buckley versions do neither and therefore will always sound naff, no matter how many join in.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surely it should have been "Buckley, William Buckley"? It was the wrong way round with Bennett as well.. Just an observation
yep, this is the only thing I don't like about it. Fitting the extra syllable in just sounds strange. It's a good song though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
yep, this is the only thing I don't like about it. Fitting the extra syllable in just sounds strange. It's a good song though.

I think it works purely because the majority of Brighton fans seem to have problems dealing with the timing of gaps between words!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
This song sounds AMAZING when everyone sings it

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the 'Ryan Harley football genius' song could be a goer.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What's embarrassing or cringe worthy is that we have about 2 players with regular songs at the moment, not criticisms of an existing song, christ on a bike just get on with it. I suspect people like yourselves barely join in anyway, like the grumpy old fuckers in the muppets!

Good post.

"grumpy old fuckers", you've hit the nail right on the head!

We've only got a couple of songs for individual players and they want to get rid of those - that's small time/tinpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports