The whole French squad suspended

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Tee hee

The French Football Federation has suspended all 23 members of France's World Cup squad for their next game.

New France coach Laurent Blanc requested that no member of the squad be selected for a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 11 August.

France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa and scored one goal.

The campaign was marked by bitter infighting and a one-day training strike by the players.

Blanc said: "I obviously cannot act as if nothing had happened in South Africa.

"I followed the events with sadness, I was disappointed with the sporting results and I was shocked by certain behaviours.

"I will integrate these elements into my analysis and my thoughts. I always had the principles, rules of conduct and not just in my sporting life. They have not changed and I will not change."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
laurent blanc is one of my favourite managers in the world - really hope he sorts the french side out, and suspending all the players from the world cup is pretty flair way to go about

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
laurent blanc is one of my favourite managers in the world - really hope he sorts the french side out, and suspending all the players from the world cup is pretty flair way to go about

France will undoubtably be contenders in the next Euros imo. We, on the other hand, may qualify if we are lucky.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This just in...team for friendly vs Norway Aug 11th - flair or WHAT?:

1. Clouseau, Jacques
2. Cousteau, Jacques
3. Ronay, Egon
4. Gainsbourg, Serge
5. Chevalier, Maurice
6. Artois, Rene
7. Piaf, Edith
8. Jarre, Jean Michel
9. XVIII, King Louis
10.Leconte, Henri
11, Chanel, Coco.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I doubt taking those two players would have made any difference. The system Domenech persisted with just didn't work.

basing his team selection on star signs didn't really help matters either

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This just in...team for friendly vs Norway Aug 11th - flair or WHAT?:

1. Clouseau, Jacques
2. Cousteau, Jacques
3. Ronay, Egon
4. Gainsbourg, Serge
5. Chevalier, Maurice
6. Artois, Rene
7. Piaf, Edith
8. Jarre, Jean Michel
9. XVIII, King Louis
10.Leconte, Henri
11, Chanel, Coco.

That well known Hungarian? :p

Oct 25, 2003

there is no way that he'll ever be able to live up to raymond in the flair stakes though

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there is no way that he'll ever be able to live up to raymond in the flair stakes though

i dont believe there is a manager in the world that ever will - but wearing in jeans and a shirt in a mark mcghee manner while in the dugout is a pretty good start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports