Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Obviously Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea scrap at one level, but fourth is more subjective. Depends on your criteria who you'd pick between Palace, Fulham and Watford (if you count them as London).

So SIXTH then*

*until Brentford open their new ground...

No 1 in south London will do for me .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can just see Disney and Not-So-Bright coming in each morning, sitting down and browsing the snippets in The Sun for potential signings. For all the world that looks like the extent of the CPFC2010 player targetting method.

I envisage it being a bit like Darren Lamb and Ba' from East Enders in Extras.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think "unlikely" is probably more accurate. But then your mob think nothing of pouring a totally unsustainable 80% of your overall turnover directly into the players pockets (which is by far and away the highest % in the entire division). There's no discernible transfer strategy, no long-term transfer targets. CPFC2010 just seem to play a game of Transfer Whack-A-Mole every window - a random scattergun approach to try and land whoevers name has popped up in the papers lately.

I can just see Disney and Not-So-Bright coming in each morning, sitting down and browsing the snippets in The Sun for potential signings. For all the world that looks like the extent of the CPFC2010 recruitment strategy.

Yeah weve scraped by for 5 seasons now . Maybe Prince Charming knows what he's doing .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I think "unlikely" is probably more accurate. But then your mob think nothing of pouring a totally unsustainable 80% of your overall turnover directly into the players pockets (which is by far and away the highest % in the entire division). There's no discernible transfer strategy, no long-term transfer targets. CPFC2010 just seem to play a game of Transfer Whack-A-Mole every window - a random scattergun approach to try and land whoevers name has popped up in the papers lately.

I can just see Disney and Not-So-Bright coming in each morning, sitting down and browsing the snippets in The Sun for potential signings. For all the world that looks like the extent of the CPFC2010 recruitment strategy.

Luka Milivojevic was certainly the name on everyone's lips when we signed him. The groundwork on that deal was done over a period of longer than six months. Doesn't seem like a scattergun signing to me.

We signed Guiata on a Bosman via pre-contract agreement in January. Since then we've rejected a bid of £18m for him. Seems like another shrewd addition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah weve scraped by for 5 seasons now . Maybe Prince Charming knows what he's doing .

Scraped being the operative word. 5 whole seasons guzzling on the teets of the Premier League cash cow and you're left with a 1 man team, a ground that would be an embarrassment in League 2, an inadequately funded failing academy, and no money left.

Not that having no money ever stops you. We've been here before, and all know who ultimately ends up picking up the tab, don't we.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You are CELEBRATING what even you call 'scraping by'?

Those five seasons have seen annual disarray, half a dozen managerial changes, repeated last minute transfer window panic, £35m spent on a striker who returned TWO goals last season, one shambles that saw you lose count and sign more players than you were allowed to name, an eye-watering income to wages situation, repeated public spats between the club and the fans, and £600m of income that funded zero investment in the club's infrastructure.

Seriously - you either actually ARE Steve Parish, or the biggest, most gullible, club licker, any PL club has ever had the joy of having!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Scraped being the operative word. 5 whole seasons guzzling on the teets of the Premier League cash cow and you're left with a 1 man team, a ground that would be an embarrassment in League 2, an inadequately funded failing academy, and no money left.

Not that having no money ever stops you. We've been here before, and all know who ultimately ends up picking up the tab, don't we.

I bet Tony's teets are glad for the rest .

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Those five seasons have seen annual disarray, half a dozen managerial changes, repeated last minute transfer window panic, £35m spent on a striker two who returned TWO goals last season, one shambles that saw you lose count and sign more players than you were allowed to name, an eye-watering income to wages situation, repeated public spats between the club and the fans, and £600m of income that funded zero investment in the club's infrastructure.

Seriously - you either actually ARE Steve Parish, or the biggest club licker, and PL club has ever had the joy of having!

Those five seasons have been utterly mental, and great fun too. Benteke was signed for an initial £27m (not £35m) and scored 15 PL goals in his first season; nobody was complaining about the fee then!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Those five seasons have been utterly mental, and great fun too. Benteke was signed for an initial £27m (not £35m) and scored 15 PL goals in his first season; nobody was complaining about the fee then!

What about his wages? Eye watering.. 2 goals... jeez

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Those five seasons have seen annual disarray, half a dozen managerial changes, repeated last minute transfer window panic, £35m spent on a striker two who returned TWO goals last season, one shambles that saw you lose count and sign more players than you were allowed to name, an eye-watering income to wages situation, repeated public spats between the club and the fans, and £600m of income that funded zero investment in the club's infrastructure.

Seriously - you either actually ARE Steve Parish, or the biggest club licker, and PL club has ever had the joy of having!
To survive is a achievement . The clubs infrastructure is being addressed but the main aim every season is to stay up and that takes a big outlay .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here