Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he were to be sold we'd be getting every penny of our £30m investment back. This is utterly irrelevant though, as he won't be sold.

"The pit of despair" is actually a rather positive place at the moment considering we've had a good pre-season and it's looking increasingly likely that Wilfried will still be a Palace player after the window closes.

No, I don't think that his value has increased by 25%, which is why I didn't say that. £30m however is a completely fair price for a player that a) Palace have no desire or need to sell, b) is one of the best defenders outside the top 4 and c) is still only 28.

First line , first post” If he were to be sold, we’d be getting every penny of our £30 million investment back”.

You paid £24 million for him, 30 million is 25% more.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
"The pit of despair" is actually a rather positive place at the moment considering we've had a good pre-season and it's looking increasingly likely that Wilfried will still be a Palace player after the window closes.

Not sure how anyone would view it as ‘rather positive’, granted if you keep Zaha it will be a bonus, but you’ve lost two major players from last season and replaced them with the square root of f*ckall.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not sure how anyone would view it as ‘rather positive’, granted if you keep Zaha it will be a bonus, but you’ve lost two major players from last season and replaced them with the square root of f*ckall.

I didn't realise the transfer window was over yet. We're expecting a couple of midfielders to replace the one we've lost, and potentially another forward as well.

Bringing Vicente Guiata to the club was an excellent piece of business. He was very highly rated in Spain and replaces our weakest player from last season in Hennessey.

I also think you're underplaying the effect that keeping Zaha would have. A fit Zaha in Palace colours (fingers crossed) effectively guarantees a seventh consecutive season of Premier League football.

Wasn’t it 24 and 2 in add ons, that’s what was widely reported at the time.
Anyway, you still wouldn’t get anywhere near 30 mil for him.

You're wrong, but that's fine.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I didn't realise the transfer window was over yet. We're expecting a couple of midfielders to replace the one we've lost, and potentially another forward as well.

Bringing Vicente Guiata to the club was an excellent piece of business. He was very highly rated in Spain and replaces our weakest player from last season in Hennessey.

I also think you're underplaying the effect that keeping Zaha would have. A fit Zaha in Palace colours (fingers crossed) effectively guarantees a seventh consecutive season of Premier League football.

You're wrong, but that's fine.

Expecting and actually doing it are two very different things. At this moment in time with just over a week to go, you’ve done one bit of business. If come the close of the window you get two midfielders equal or better than the two you lost, then you’ll be at the same point you were last season. That though is a big if.

Wrong? .... you’re a bit precious arent you.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Expecting and actually doing it are two very different things. At this moment in time with just over a week to go, you’ve done one bit of business. If come the close of the window you get two midfielders equal or better than the two you lost, then you’ll be at the same point you were last season. That though is a big if.

Wrong? .... you’re a bit precious arent you.
"bit precious" meaning "a straw clutching fool"?

While the Palace forums and Twitter are full of people going into meltdown over their non activity, our resident goons are playing the Comical Ali card and fiddling while Selhurst rots. "No, everything is fine and we're all very happy" (black clad dicks aside).

They may well pull a few million quid from behind the sofa and sign a couple of midfielders. However when their own manager has said that they'll have to sell to fund any decent signings and strengthen the squad it seems rather unlikely that they'll be buying anyone any good.

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/news/palace-boss-frank-admission-transfers-14909529

After all, Palace aren't exactly famed for their thriftiness and acumen in the transfer market and whoever does sign will want to be part of the eye watering gravy train that is their ridiculous wage policy.

The simpletons on here can dress it up however they like, but they are skint and if Mr Tumble stays then they will once again have all their rotten eggs in one rusting Sainsbury's basket that's been dumped in a squalid pond of piss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"bit precious" meaning "a straw clutching fool"?

While the Palace forums and Twitter are full of people going into meltdown over their non activity, our resident goons are playing the Comical Ali card and fiddling while Selhurst rots. "No, everything is fine and we're all very happy" (black clad dicks aside).

They may well pull a few million quid from behind the sofa and sign a couple of midfielders. However when their own manager has said that they'll have to sell to fund any decent signings and strengthen the squad it seems rather unlikely that they'll be buying anyone any good.

https://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/news/palace-boss-frank-admission-transfers-14909529

After all, Palace aren't exactly famed for their thriftiness and acumen in the transfer market and whoever does sign will want to be part of the eye watering gravy train that is their ridiculous wage policy.

The simpletons on here can dress it up however they like, but they are skint and if Mr Tumble stays then they will once again have all their rotten eggs in one rusting Sainsbury's basket that's been dumped in a squalid pond of piss.

Byron, if he were alive, would be fawning over the quality of this post. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Byron must be a fan of lowlifes who think calling people mongs is acceptable.
This is your one and only comeback after the torrents of bullshit and sad attempts at abuse frothing from your "not welcome here anyway" keyboard.

Having read the other thread I completely accept that using the term "mong" is totally unacceptable. For that I apologise and I'll not use the word again. I must admit that I didn't get the fact that it was really offensive to people with disabilities. It was never meant that way.

In fact, the idea that I would associate people who are different through no fault of their own with a bunch of complete and utter knobheads like you and your chums on here is disgraceful.

From now on I'll just call you a c***.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Could we get “ where will dunk go ? Summer 2018 “ incorporated into this thread ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The fact you as not aware proves everything.

I live safe in the knowledge that you would never call me a c*** to my face.

This is a very poor retort. I expect nothing better from you though. As per.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
This is a very poor retort. I expect nothing better from you though. As per.

It's not a poor retort at all. The fact you did not know Mong was offensive just proves a lot to me. I thought at first you were playing up to the rivalry nonsense. Now I just think you are lacking in certain areas.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Could we get “ where will dunk go ? Summer 2018 “ incorporated into this thread ?

Hmmm, this attempted deflection not up to your usual standard ,doggie. Can't see you being able to hide your embarrassment behind this one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's not a poor retort at all. The fact you did not know Mong was offensive just proves a lot to me. I thought at first you were playing up to the rivalry nonsense. Now I just think you are lacking in certain areas.
You're one of those "I've got to have the last word" tits aren't you. So go ahead. I'll leave you to it and you can say what you like without reply. Although I reserve my right to correctly call you a **** in future.

Regards,

LL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here