The West Stand

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Now that ALL of the seats are in, please join me in worshipping what may well be the most attractive stand at any football stadium in England, if not the world.

BENte1wCUAI9mte.jpg:large

:drool: :amex: :drool:

:love:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
That pciture is frankly, fcuking beautiful, and on its own is enough to completely bury 14 years, 3 months and 11 days of heartache.

Going for a cry in a dark room now.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That photo is the sex. Seriously.

Fantastic photo SS!

Just a shame I never see it in all its glory - as I'm sitting in it. Almost makes me wish I was an East Stander.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantastic photo SS!

Just a shame I never see it in all its glory - as I'm sitting in it. Almost makes me wish I was an East Stander.
The East stand on Donny day was the greatest place in the world, to be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the many things about the Cardiff game was how disappointing it was for a new stadium.

For a ground that opened only 2 years before Falmer, and to end up with this:-

300px-Cardiff_City_Stadium_Pitch.jpg

when you take a look at what you could have had, you know you've been short changed.

The East stand on Donny day was the greatest place in the world, to be.

I have a friend (yes - it's true) who sits in the East and tells me that when the West Stand gets going it's an amazing sound that rolls down and then over the pitch. Makes him go all goosebumpy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That quote is heading straight to Twitter...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a friend (yes - it's true) who sits in the East and tells me that when the West Stand gets going it's an amazing sound that rolls down and then over the pitch. Makes him go all goosebumpy.
He's not wrong.
For the Donny game, with all the flags, it was just too emotional to have all that, looking resplendent and it being 'ours', was overcoming.
In reverse I've friends in the West who obviously knew they were part of something special, but did have that marginally tempered because they knew they weren't getting the very best from the day.

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Joining in with your laughter R & B ,there is far too much emphasis on the gates and the pretty ground on here and not enough on the football being played.A pretty stadium will not get the Albion promoted or keep us in this division, only a team with goal scoring forwards will do that and we are not spending enough money on them in my humble opinion.
Enjoy losing on the 17th then come down to the north stand concourse and i will buy you a pint

He's not wrong.
For the Donny game, with all the flags, with was just too emotional, to have all that, looking resplendent and it being 'ours', was overcoming.
In reverse I've friends in the West who obviously knew they were part of something special, but did have that marginally tempered because they knew they weren't getting the very best from the day.

True. I've sampled the delights of the South but yet to venture into the East or North. The West is a beast of a stand yet is hard to appreciate when your in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports