Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The weekly Hyypia IN or OUT Poll

Hyypia, In or Out

• Total voters

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have voted in. I will never be a believer in the sacking of managers without giving them a chance to put their own stamp on the club. I wouldn't be upset to see Sami fired, don't misunderstand me, but I'm not calling for his head. I think he should be backed at this point, and given more of a hands on say in the January transfer window. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen, but I won't be too upset either way. Whatever happens, I'll be in place on Friday to cheer on the team. We'll all be here longer than Sami, whatever happens.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I have voted in. I will never be a believer in the sacking of managers without giving them a chance to put their own stamp on the club. I wouldn't be upset to see Sami fired, don't misunderstand me, but I'm not calling for his head. I think he should be backed at this point, and given more of a hands on say in the January transfer window. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen, but I won't be too upset either way. Whatever happens, I'll be in place on Friday to cheer on the team. We'll all be here longer than Sami, whatever happens.

But will our Barber & Burke business strategy ever allow a manager to do that? Not sure your argument is valid.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That's a scary stat, which really brings home the enormity of our situation. He must go. Now.

The 22nd placed teams in the last 10 seasons with their points:

2004–05 Gillingham (50)
2005–06 Crewe Alexandra (42)
2006–07 Southend United (42)
2007–08 Leicester City (52)
2008–09 Norwich City (46)
2009–10 Sheffield Wednesday (47)
2010–11 Preston North End (42) - 3 teams went down on 42 points
2011–12 Portsmouth (40)
2012–13 Peterborough United (54)
2013–14 Doncaster Rovers (44)

Total number of points = 459.
Average number of points = 45.9

We're currently on target for 41.4, so 4.5 points behind the curve.

Stumpy Tim

If my 3 year son didn't love it so much, I wouldn't return to the Amex until we change manager. Hate to say that, but frankly it's not enjoyable watching the team I love being an utter shambles. We have good players, what ever people say about recruitment. We have one of the best young centre-backs outside the Premier league with two international central defenders fighting for the other spot. We have a right-back who has played at the very top level in Spain. We have a regular U21 international in midfield with a guy who has played in the Dutch top league for years. Going forward we have Colunga who has scored goals regularly in the to flight of Spain & now Darren Bent.

And we're below Rotherham in the league.

I'm angry that it's taken this long to Bin the Finn. Not doing so is the biggest mistake Bloom has made since he took over, and it's now looking like a dereliction of duty

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
But will our Barber & Burke business strategy ever allow a manager to do that? Not sure your argument is valid.

I'm not making an argument. But if I were, I would say that there isn't a single person on this forum who knows what is really happening behind the scenes and everything everyone posts is based on opinion, interpretation and their own beliefs. I don't believe that Sami Hyypia or Oscar Garcia had no say in the players who were signed to play for the team, but I don't know that's the case. I'm working on the assumption that the club isn't as disjointed as people on here believe that it is, I don't accept that opinion. Obviously, I am not happy with how the season is going and losing 3-0 to Derby, whilst it isn't a surprise, doesn't change my opinion that we shouldn't sack Sami unless the club are not happy with the work he is doing behind the scenes to try and improve our position.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If anyone votes for Hyppia 'in' at this stage then they're either bonkers, in denial, been stuck on an remote island since August or a Palace fan. :ffsparr:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is something not right at the Club. If it takes a change of Manager to change things, so be it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
7 votes for in and only one is a Nigel. What is wrong with the other 6? Must like league 1 football

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He clearly has to go - quite simply, the league table shows that, clear as day.

But I firmly believe that our problems will not be solved if he's the only one who goes. The chickens are coming home to roost.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The second half against Fulham and again today we were tactically naive with no-one taking responsibility on or off the pitch.
Has to be out for me. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here