Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Weed Policy Working Group

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
“We’re currently working on a new weed management policy and also set up a Weed Policy Working Group to explore options to improve weeding operations across Brighton & Hove.

I applaud the effort. But it did make me chuckle. Just get the bloody weed killer out lads.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“We’re currently working on a new weed management policy and also set up a Weed Policy Working Group to explore options to improve weeding operations across Brighton & Hove.

I applaud the effort. But it did make me chuckle. Just get the bloody weed killer out lads.
Weed killer can be dangerous to wild AND domestic animals. We’ve stopped using it in the garden for this reason.

However, equally dangerous, particularly to dogs, are wild grass seeds which seem to be everywhere in the summer now due to the Green’s wilding policy.

Good headline and thread title, but there’s a serious side to this for dog and cat owners.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weed killer can be dangerous to wild AND domestic animals. We’ve stopped using it in the garden for this reason.

However, equally dangerous, particularly to dogs, are wild grass seeds which seem to be everywhere in the summer now due to the Green’s wilding policy.

Good headline and thread title, but there’s a serious side to this for dog and cat owners.

Glyphosate. Frightening to think that the council or any authority were buying tonnes of the stuff to spray in our environment.

The alternative is often a cultural thing. Several European nations eg Sweden have a thing of home occupiers clearing the pavements outside their abode, without chemicals, just elbow grease. If they physically can’t, others do it for them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Glyphosate. Frightening to think that the council or any authority were buying tonnes of the stuff to spray in our environment.

The alternative is often a cultural thing. Several European nations eg Sweden have a thing of home occupiers clearing the pavements outside their abode, without chemicals, just elbow grease. If they physically can’t, others do it for them.

Not so much in the cities. They often have little neighbourhood days where they take care of an area in the suburbs/countryside though.

Weed burners are pretty popular.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My first reaction was to reach for my Rizlas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here