Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vaccine Thread

Would you take a vaccine if offered, as per the post below?

• YES - Let's get this COVID thing done and over with.

Votes: 201 78.5%
  • NO - I still have issues about a rushed vaccine/I don't need to/I'm not happy with being forced to.

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • UNSURE - I still can't tell what I'll do when it comes to it.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had my first jab this morning in Eastbourne, very well organised and no waiting around. I got there earlier than the actual appointment and was in and out before the actual time of the appointment.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Does anyone know when new dates get added on vaccination booking site. Brighton centre and Eastbourne both only show up til Sunday

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very stark, this......

The feared ‘third wave’ might cause infections to rise, but the protection from the vaccine is very clear.

C2AD98A0-649B-4EDA-BAE9-52247164E5B4.jpeg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A US government agency has raised concerns that AstraZeneca may have included out-of-date drug data in information provided during US trials for its Covid-19 vaccine.

A monitoring board had "expressed concern that AstraZeneca may have included outdated information from that trial, which may have provided an incomplete view of the efficacy data," a statement from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said.

"We urge the company to work with the DSMB (Data and Safety Monitoring Board) to review the efficacy data and ensure the most accurate, up-to-date efficacy data be made public as quickly as possible."

The statement comes after AstraZeneca said Monday that stage three US trials had showed its Covid-19 vaccine was 79 percent effective at preventing the disease and 100 percent effective against severe disease and hospitalisation.

Several countries in Europe - including France and Germany - and other parts of the world last week suspended its use because of isolated cases of blood clots.

Hopefully nothing to this

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So got my invite today .... they aren't making it easy ... either go into the City centre ( so either drive or catch the bus ) - no way am I catching the bus, or drive all the way to Crawley or Worthing ! OK, I'll wait thank you.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Got my first vax (OAZ) at the Brighton Centre this morning, 25 minutes the whole process.

I cycled in and out, but for anyone driving from wherever, the roads were dead and there'll be countless spaces in the adjacent car parks. They've made it very easy.

Thank you to the army of staff and volunteers runnng the whole show :bowdown:.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I voiced my reservations on here some time ago about the vaccination success not being a done deal. Bizarrely, I was mocked for being ungrateful. It's all looking a bit shaky right now though. Myself and colleagues at work have all had our 2nd vaccinations brought forward by a fortnight, I'm guessing this is anticipation of shortages. I'm speculating that they are going to get us lot all done and then there'll be a wait before the least vulnerable are vaccinated. Who knows, but this is all far from a done deal. Now politics is derailing the efforts of the NHS, how long this will all take now is anybody's guess.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder if it is as a result of the whole world ramping up their vaccine rollouts, we are starting to see the effects of demand outstripping supply internationally. (Although hopefully should only be short term as more countries approve more suppliers vaccines and suppliers ramp up production).

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So got my invite today .... they aren't making it easy ... either go into the City centre ( so either drive or catch the bus ) - no way am I catching the bus, or drive all the way to Crawley or Worthing ! OK, I'll wait thank you.

If it's the Brighton Centre you can drive and park for free at Churchill Square. Surely better to get it done, even if it means driving to Worthing or Crawley. Good luck :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I voiced my reservations on here some time ago about the vaccination success not being a done deal. Bizarrely, I was mocked for being ungrateful. It's all looking a bit shaky right now though. Myself and colleagues at work have all had our 2nd vaccinations brought forward by a fortnight, I'm guessing this is anticipation of shortages. I'm speculating that they are going to get us lot all done and then there'll be a wait before the least vulnerable are vaccinated. Who knows, but this is all far from a done deal. Now politics is derailing the efforts of the NHS, how long this will all take now is anybody's guess.
its all about control mate , you will get your 2nd jab when they say you can , you will be allowed to go back to a pub and have a pint of your favourite ale when they say you can , so when they say 40% of the population are still awaiting vax and pubs will be closed until we are down to 25% oh no hold on 12% ...oh ......hold on ...!! i trust the system about as much as you do , there is always an agenda and people have had enough.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I guess it depends how high your bar of success is. Even with the supply issues they'll still be vaccinating at a rate of 200k ish a day. Most people wouldn't class that as a derailment or shaky.

Look on the good news thread and see how far hospital admissions and deaths have dripped in the last month, that's the result of vaccinating the vulnerable. If younger people have to wait an extra month those figures won't be affected.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We were pressing way,way ahead of schedule - the shortage might bring us back to 'on track' - it's not really shaky at all - we'll still likely hit the original timetable/commitments. Focus for the shortage period (around a month) will switch to making sure second doses are done within the 12 week window, so the U50s have been put back basically to the original timetable and not the one that was so far ahead - and the very vast majority of the U50s (without vulnerabilities) don't end up dead or in hospital anyway - already proven by the absolute plummeting of deaths and hospitalisation numbers over the last few weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were pressing way,way ahead of schedule - the shortage might bring us back to 'on track' - it's not really shaky at all - we'll still likely hit the original timetable/commitments. Focus for the shortage period (around a month) will switch to making sure second doses are done within the 12 week window, so the U50s have been put back basically to the original timetable and not the one that was so far ahead - and the very vast majority of the U50s (without vulnerabilities) don't end up dead or in hospital anyway - already proven by the absolute plummeting of deaths and hospitalisation numbers over the last few weeks.

This.

Even pessimistic estimates where the Indian pharma does not come up with the 5m doses awaited, project total UK doses in April will still hit the heady heights of February. Just not up to March heights.

Best to listen to the scientists and public heath experts, not certain newspapers and TV stations trying to make people worry or rain on the vax programme parade.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Spot on, Clampy has some how managed to turn a positive (getting second vaccine early) into a supposed negative. Its almost like he's desperate for something to complain about to fit a preconcieved agenda...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Just back from having mine, parking was seamless whole process took 40 minutes [emoji106] have you booked?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I expect Johnson will shortly be having strong words directed towards the India government, these actions could frighten off foreign investment

Capture.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here