Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Idiot - what about Cameron, Osbourne, Corbyn and Milliband wanting an 'IN' vote if you want loons. See, we can all make utterly wankerish posts !

They are not exactly loons though are they? Or maybe your definition of loon is slightly skewed towards more measured personalities. I'm not conservative, but even I can see that Cameron and Osbourne aren't loons.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They are not exactly loons though are they? Or maybe your definition of loon is slightly skewed towards more measured personalities. I'm not conservative, but even I can see that Cameron and Osbourne aren't loons.

None the less
To say these 3 people are campaigning to vote OUT and therefore a good reason to vote IN (whilst ignoring ALL the relevant issues) is without a doubt a barking loony way of voting

larus

he's not a buffoon but he's not an intellectual heavy weight either; he's a cheer leader politician and very weak on policy.

That's right. Let's have Corbyn; Mr Unelectable hahahaha. I know you are so anti-Tory that you can never say anything good about them, but really, slagging off Johnson about lack of policies, when he's only an MP FFS. What, do you expect him to produce a manifesto for his constituents?

Please explain what you expect an MP do do on policy, and then give me examples of where your leading lights have done such (I'm not including getting on band-wagons here).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I suppose the point I was making, clearly badly, was that the politicians mentioned by the OP at least have some personality and gile. Unlike the indentikit politicians - whom I somewhat despise. I don't necessarily agree with say Galloway most of the time but I'd certainly rather politicians were like him than say Milliband or Cameron.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I suppose the point I was making, clearly badly, was that the politicians mentioned by the OP at least have some personality and gile. Unlike the indentikit politicians - whom I somewhat despise. I don't necessarily agree with say Galloway most of the time but I'd certainly rather politicians were like him than say Milliband or Cameron.

I understand. I guess I would look to what Obama said about Trump recently. He doesn't believe the American public will vote for Trump as president because ultimately, they know it is a serious job. I don't want an 'celebrity' politician making choices for me. To my mind, Boris falls in the celebrity camp. He's been Mayor of London, but running London is very different to running a country. London runs itself - its a money making machine. Blimey, Ken proved that. There's two 'celebrity' politicians side by side.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
None the less
To say these 3 people are campaigning to vote OUT and therefore a good reason to vote IN (whilst ignoring ALL the relevant issues) is without a doubt a barking loony way of voting

I agree. People should vote on the issues and on the long-term impact of any action that we as a nation take.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Idiot - what about Cameron, Osbourne, Corbyn and Milliband wanting an 'IN' vote if you want loons. See, we can all make utterly wankerish posts !

I am not evangelical about my reasons for wanting to stay in Europe, and my dislike for those 3 is not my only motivation.

When you descend to personal abuse, It only serves to weeken your argument.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fact is the in campaign is all based around money and corporate buffoons who only care about themselves and their finances....while the out campaign is about what's important to be British and to control and run our own country as we so wish.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am not evangelical about my reasons for wanting to stay in Europe, and my dislike for those 3 is not my only motivation.

When you descend to personal abuse, It only serves to weeken your argument.

You suggested that because the three politicians voting out were, in your opinion, loons and crackpots that therefore those voting out were likewise - i.e. personal abuse which somewhat WEAKENS your argument. And while I'm sure the three aforementioned people don't read NSC it is still personal abuse you posted so you are clearly a hypocrite.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Fact is the out campaign is all based around money and corporate buffoons who only care about themselves and their finances....while the in campaign is about what's important to be British and to control and run our own country as we so wish.

Have you got that the wrong way around?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Cunning Fergus, never :lolol:

PS Mr Fergus....where on earth did you get those ludicrous Irish US UK trade figures?

I found this pretty easily, and whilst it does not forensically prove my stats it confirms the underlying point about the reliance of Ireland on trading with the U.K (see point 2 in particular).

http://www.newstalk.com/Three-reasons-why-Ireland-should-be-afraid-of-the-UK-leaving-the-EU

This article helps to demonstrate that the EU post Brexit could not impose trade tariffs without damaging itself, and that is to assume the EU would be vindictive in light of a democratic decision by the British people to leave.

Ireland as a member of the Euro zone and EU would certainly not support such a policy, and would be placed in economic peril if it was to do so.

It is this kind of reality that shoots the fox of the inners that there would be economic Armageddon for the UK if we left.

There won't, get over it, and come up with something else more coherent.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Haha! Says the person whose opening gambit in this thread was to describe 3 people as loons and crackpots! I don't think that moral high ground is yours just yet.

Not a gambit, just an observation.

But it does seem to have rattled a few cages.

if I were in the out camp, I too would be angry with those clowns fronting the campaign.

Don't worry, I'm sure they won't do too much damage.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ive got to say that i think all this talk of a benefits break is a massive distraction and not at the forefront of most peoples concerns , certainly not mine , though i think child benefit paid abroad should certainly stop, lets be honest, very very few EU immigrants come here to claim benefits, most come here to work , but this fact is the one that drives down wages for our own low skilled workforce , and all this talk of immigrants doing the jobs that british workers ''wont'', they soon will if the choice is a stark one between doing a job or withdrawal of unemployment benefit..

and the benefits they're putting a brake on are 'in-work' bnefits, not 'out-of-work' benefits

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fact is the out campaign is all based around money and corporate buffoons who only care about themselves and their finances....while the in campaign is about what's important to be British and to control and run our own country as we so wish.

Have you got that the wrong way around?
I think you may be right. Otherwise it shows the poster has no idea of the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here