Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Truth

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here is the man himself requesting "privacy". I'm not sure of the time lapse between his plea for privacy and him pitching up on Oprah.

The exact words which don’t mean he requested privacy.
In responding to what Andrew Marr acknowledged was “a cheeky question” during his TV programme, the prince spoke of “incessant” and “unnecessary” intrusions into his privacy.

Marr asked: “A bit like your mother, you are pursued every minute of every day by lots of people trying to take photographs, videoing, recording what you’re saying, pushing... how can you possibly have a private life?”

“Sadly,” said the prince, “that line between public and private life is almost non-existent.” Then came what sounded like a heartfelt statement:

“Everyone has a right to their privacy, and a lot of the members of the public get it, but sadly in some areas there is this sort of incessant need to find out every little bit of detail about what goes on behind the scenes. It’s unnecessary.”

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so if not for some privacy, what made the Prince give up his royal patronage and military associations? a change of scene i suppose, living the life of a royal in US, fame without the responsiblity, pursue a career in production and acting.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
so if not for some privacy, what made the Prince give up his royal patronage and military associations? a change of scene i suppose, living the life of a royal in US, fame without the responsiblity, pursue a career in production and acting.
To be fair, he didn't want to give up his royal patronage or military associations. He wanted to keep them and use them in America.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
GB News doing a special screening of the documentary in Weston Super Mare on Thursday for anyone interested.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I know, and wish to know, nothing about who you are, where you come from, or your background.
oh, so sorry to hear that. It will dramatically make the rest of my life so much worse for your absence.

But I find it amusing that you now say what you do as you quickly jumped in to promote your frail idea that I must be racist.

You Rather prove my point in that you say I don’t or don’t wish to know anything (or facts about me) yet feel you are qualified to state I have racist reasonings.

How ironic are you. You say you ‘don’t know anything about me’ but feel qualifed to throw out the insults…. Priceless, just priceless.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm sure both of its viewers have cleared their diaries in anticipation.
Well there's a few on here who seem to be very excited by the prospect. If I weren't so diplomatic, I may be tempted to say all the usual suspects :lolol:

You and me both bouncing this thread is probably making them even more angry (regardless of which side they're supporting) :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Link here. The same reported in the Daily Telegraph,

One of them is a photo shoot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows red carpet - easy mistake to make, of course. Harry Potter, Prince Harry.

Another is a picture of Prince Harry with his arm round Chelsy Davy, his then girlfriend; another is an official photo that they knew about and posed for; another is a press pack chasing Katy Price, and another is Michael Cohen being chased in New York.

It's reminiscent of that TV series "The Monocled Mutineer", when the whole thing was described as truth, but was revealed as fiction; the producers then said that even if it was fiction, it revealed a greater truth.

The reality is most media outlets are guilty of the same when promoting a story, often using stock footage or unrelated footage.

You need to seperate the trailer from the movie I'm afraid.

Whilst it may be reminiscent, dramatisation of historic events is unrelated. Equally annoying, but quite a different problem.

The problem I have with them is whilst they obviously have serious concerns, pick your outlet to express them wisely.

You only have to look at the events of the last week to see that often what surrounds the Royal Family is stuck in the dark ages. Unfortunately the serious broadsheets and major news outlets don't pay for stories.

Netflix very much does.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well there's a few on here who seem to be very excited by the prospect. If I weren't so diplomatic, I may be tempted to say all the usual suspects :lolol:

You and me both bouncing this thread is probably making them even more angry (regardless of which side they're supporting) :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Why does anyone want to take sides? As in any family problem, there are faults on both sides.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Astounded that someone who claims he left his family to avoid the media glare continues to court it and do his dirty laundry in public. As bad as his mother imo :smile:

He bloody loves it, and wants it on his terms too.

It WILL end in tears eventually

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Astounded that someone who claims he left his family to avoid the media glare continues to court it and do his dirty laundry in public. As bad as his mother imo :smile:

He bloody loves it, and wants it on his terms too.

It WILL end in tears eventually
Probably bored to tears!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Today's the day! The truth is out!!!

Looking forward to binging on this later....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

The exact words which don’t mean he requested privacy.
In responding to what Andrew Marr acknowledged was “a cheeky question” during his TV programme, the prince spoke of “incessant” and “unnecessary” intrusions into his privacy.

Marr asked: “A bit like your mother, you are pursued every minute of every day by lots of people trying to take photographs, videoing, recording what you’re saying, pushing... how can you possibly have a private life?”

“Sadly,” said the prince, “that line between public and private life is almost non-existent.” Then came what sounded like a heartfelt statement:
He isn't acting like a man so desperate for privacy though is he? In fact he seems to be doing everything he possibly can to keep himself in the spotlight of public attention.

I could fully understand his break from the Royal Family and move abroad for a life of peace and solitude but it just appears, more and more, to be a move motivated by attention-seeking and money-making.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He isn't acting like a man so desperate for privacy though is he? In fact he seems to be doing everything he possibly can to keep himself in the spotlight of public attention.

I could fully understand his break from the Royal Family and move abroad for a life of peace and solitude but it just appears, more and more, to be a move motivated by attention-seeking and money-making.
He isn't getting any money from the Royal Family, so he is entitled to earn money.

If people ignored them, there wouldn't be half the publicity. The newspapers stir up most of the rubbish because it sells papers. They treat them like soap operas.

Example How dare she wear a white dress to an awards ceremony.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Indeed.

He clearly doesn't want any privacy.

Plenty of other jobs he could do to earn a crust without sitting under the spotlight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He isn't getting any money from the Royal Family, so he is entitled to earn money.

If people ignored them, there wouldn't be half the publicity. The newspapers stir up most of the rubbish because it sells papers. They treat them like soap operas.

Example How dare she wear a white dress to an awards ceremony.

Except he is earning/milking every penny due to his Royal background. Pretty unsavoury all round given the media were allegedly the reason he left in the first place and now he’s playing up to it at every opportunity. What a hypocrite he is, as unpleasant as his uncle Andrew without the paedo connections imo. Two entitled no marks, I feel sorry for his brother.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Its almost like Markle has acted like some Trojan Horse, infiltrating the Royal Family in an attempt to destroy it from within?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here