Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Truth

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I saw The Truth back in the early 80s (1983?). Great band

Indeed. Though I saw them in about 85 at The Marquee in Wardour St, they’d just returned from a stint in the states and had gone all AOR. The audience, made almost entirely of mods, was not best pleased, needless to say they didn’t return for an encore. Poor old Dennis.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
So what is your problem, if its not racism?
I don’t actually have a ‘problem’ It’s nothing to do with either of their their physical attributes so please do not trying to be oh so clever and pushing me into some corner.

I don’t like or agree with how they have behaved, no more, no less.

So tell me, on your knee jerk reaction and it’s basis, if I dont like Boris or Keir because of how they have behaved does that make me racist? No? How about if I’ve been estrangled from a family member over the way they acted to my parents and the hurtful things they did to them. Racist? No?

Plus, you are being so very assumptuous that you think you know anything about me, where I come from, or my back ground so my friend, you couldn’t be more wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I really do not understand the hostility towards her, unless it is racist.

She married into the Windsors - so what?
The media are constantly telling everyone to dislike her and they have a lot of influence.

I am fairly ambivalent towards her but don't consume much media about her. Usually if I express this opinion I am bombarded with some terrible things she has done which if you take off the assumed motivations of the actions aren't really that bad.

Of course down the list may be some startling revelations but my eyes usually glaze over after discussing her, him and them for a few seconds.

Still I guess people are getting what they need from the whole sorry situation.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
For a mo I actually thought they'd named their series The Truth :rolleyes::D which would be quite funny and a bit like those annoying people that state FACT! on here when so desperate in their arguments. Personally, this couple only annoy me because they seem so unsubtle in their desperation to control how they are portrayed (in the press). Everyone knows most media news is bollocks whether it's tabloid or broadsheet, you can't really control it and if it bothered you that much it's not that difficult to keep a low profile and bring up your young children quietly. Ultimately though, he served his country in war so can't disrespect him. Ambivalent to her other than she seems one of those women who are just tres annoying, although pretty. Wouldn't want to be stuck in a faulty lift with her (but then I'm sure she wouldn't with me as I tend to be a bit windy nowadays).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh, and...I suspect both of them can write, in English, better than you.

:moo:
Sorry Professor.

They probably could. He would be able to fly a helicopter better than me too, being as I've never been in one, and shoot a gun as I've never held one.

But then again I could roof a house better than them. Fit a kitchen, plumb in a new bathroom, rewire a house, fit cast iron gutters on listed buildings, build a garden office.... Need I go on?

I left school a long time ago with zero exams, I left before and never went back. Just because they're better edgumucated than me, funny how it makes them better than me?

I'll leave it there HWT.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh, such a shame…
when I saw the headline “The Truth” and knew Harry was bearing all, I thought, oh this could be good.
Oprah reveals live to Megs & Hazza their DNA results, and it turns out she’s more Royal than him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry Professor.

They probably could. He would be able to fly a helicopter better than me too, being as I've never been in one, and shoot a gun as I've never held one.

But then again I could roof a house better than them. Fit a kitchen, plumb in a new bathroom, rewire a house, fit cast iron gutters on listed buildings, build a garden office.... Need I go on?

I left school a long time ago with zero exams, I left before and never went back. Just because they're better edgumucated than me, funny how it makes them better than me?

I'll leave it there HWT.
William is the helicopter pilot, not Harry.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I for one will be avoiding it completely. They all need their silly heads banging together.

William was born a couple of weeks after my older daughter, and Harry is about the same age as my younger daughter. My daughters matter to me. Those two don’t. Their wives even less.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's their uncle that needs to learn how to control his chopper.
It truly baffles me that people get so wound up about a couple of publicity hounds whereas a bloke who allegedly, maybe, some might say, possibly.... y'know....seems to get a free pass.

Madness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watching the right wing tabloids (and Piers Morgan) have the fit of the vapours in coming weeks is going to be hilarious.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It truly baffles me that people get so wound up about a couple of publicity hounds whereas a bloke who allegedly, maybe, some might say, possibly.... y'know....seems to get a free pass.

Madness.
Yep, especially when that free pass cost £12m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here