Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Triangle-Burgess Hill

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know if it does on a permanent basis, but it does whilst the work is going on. Not sure how much use this is though as they are refurbishing both at the same time !

Always used to and don't see why it wouldn't once the works are complete. Worth checking with the centre. Think they may also have included East Grinstead and Horsham

Always used to and don't see why it wouldn't once the works are complete. Worth checking with the centre. Think they may also have included East Grinstead and Horsham

As I am actually at the Triangle I thought I would ask the nice lady on the desk. She tells me that membership covers all three of their Mid Sussex centres, HH, BH and EG. Not one at Horsham on the flyer I picked up.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just got a call from these guys offering 3 months free if I pay 9 months in advance. Will go for a look tomorrow. Is it any good? What is the standard monthly cost?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I lived just round the corner from Tesco at the time they built the Triangle.
Was a super place but I couldn't work out why there were so many disabled parking spaces - I think it was over 50 - and yet I never saw more than probably 5 spaces i use at any one time.

I'm in no way have a pop here at the disabled, but do that many disable people regularly attend a leisure centre? Just seemed an over allocation?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I lived just round the corner from Tesco at the time they built the Triangle.
Was a super place but I couldn't work out why there were so many disabled parking spaces - I think it was over 50 - and yet I never saw more than probably 5 spaces i use at any one time.

I'm in no way have a pop here at the disabled, but do that many disable people regularly attend a leisure centre? Just seemed an over allocation?

I'm suprised you say there was as many as 50. I have seen all the disabled spaces being used. Many, many disabled people use the Leisure Centre. I have never seen all the disabled spaces used at Tesco or sainsburys.

On another note Howzat Sports closed down at the Triangle today. New management gonna sell goggles at the cafe.

Jul 7, 2003
On another note Howzat Sports closed down at the Triangle today. New management gonna sell goggles at the cafe.
New sports team wear place on Church Road is not bad

D

Deleted member 18477

I cannot believe when they built the triangle they didn't build a MASSIVE gym! It's such a poor sized gym, especially when busy for a fairly newish leisure centre. We need an American sized gym somewhere!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I cannot believe when they built the triangle they didn't build a MASSIVE gym! It's such a poor sized gym, especially when busy for a fairly newish leisure centre. We need an American sized gym somewhere!

Hoping the changes improve it but not sure it's going to make that much difference, does not appear the space for the gym is going to improve a huge amount.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is the gym not adequate for the numbers that use it. When I signed up at The Dolphin I asked about the busy times to avoid and was told the only time was from about 5.30 till 8.00pm Mon - Fri and Saturday Sunday 10 -12 all other times were reasonably quiet and the equipment readily available.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Only ever been to the Triangle once (to watch Dennis Rodman in Brighton v Guildford basketball), but go to the Dolphin quite regularly to watch roller derby.

I had a bad feeling about the changeover, especially I when I twigged DC Leisure had rebranded as the wanky People for Places.

Closing the Dolphin's gym bar and instead selling warm bottles of Bacardi Breezer out of a box on the hottest weekend of the year was very annoying, although to be fair they have started doing more bottled beer from the foyer cafe now, although it's £4 a pop whereas the gym bar charged £3.

I guess they must be doing something right as it used to only be the Brighton roller derby team that played home games there, but now the Croydon and Eastbourne teams use it as their home venue too, and I've heard it's hosting the entire South East Division of the new national league next year.

Plus most leisure centres in the UK don't even sell beer at all these days. It's a bloody outrage. Nanny state etc.

D

Deleted member 18477

Is the gym not adequate for the numbers that use it. When I signed up at The Dolphin I asked about the busy times to avoid and was told the only time was from about 5.30 till 8.00pm Mon - Fri and Saturday Sunday 10 -12 all other times were reasonably quiet and the equipment readily available.

Yes but If I went there I would go to the gym between 5 and 7. It should be built to accommodate its busiest time. Most people want to get in there smash the weights or a cardio machine and get out within 40 mins to an hour.

It's a good gym for anyone retired, who doesn't work full time or works shifts etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quick thread bounce......for those interested the new gym opened on Saturday, and have to say they have done a great job. All new kit (and a lot more of it), much bigger stretching area, several new things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here