Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Top Six v The Top Six

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
I hope the bookies don't see that table as I'm planning to seriously bet on us finishing top 4. Are there any odds available yet?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Glad we didn’t finish in the second quartile.
According to this you can't finish 'innit', it's just a dividing point. We are however above it as in this case it's 13.8333 points.
EDIT sorry, that's the mean. Median points would be 14 exactly, so Arsenal and Liverpool are both ON it. Anyone who did O level Statistics please confirm!

Last edited:

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Wow a bookies offering odds of 5/1 for Brighton to finish in the Champions League places, never would I have thought we’d be on such low odds.

Next season I think we will finish lower than 6th with all the extra European games plus probably losing Mac and Caicedo.

I think a getting to the knock out stages of the Europa League and a top half finish would a very good season.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
. I think a getting to the knock out stages of the Europa League and a top half finish would a very good season.
I'd be disappointed with that. Unless that defeat means demotion to the ECL which we then win!

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I'd be disappointed with that. Unless that defeat means demotion to the ECL which we then win!
Really? Losing two of our best players and having to play 6 or more extra games I think will take it’s toll on the squad.

The one encouraging thing is that RDZ has already transformed the style of play of the team coming in mid season, so hopefully with a full pre season behind him he can ingrain his ideas into the players even more.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I wonder if the points v the bottom 6 are as good as that,the glaring fact we struggle v teams who just sit off us is certainly something to work on in pre season,sort that out and we'd be challenging the top 4 I would of thought.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I wonder if the points v the bottom 6 are as good as that,the glaring fact we struggle v teams who just sit off us is certainly something to work on in pre season,sort that out and we'd be challenging the top 4 I would of thought.
I make it 24 points against the bottom 6.

Bournemouth-6

Forest-1

Everton-3

Leicester-4

Leeds-4

Southampton-6

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Wow a bookies offering odds of 5/1 for Brighton to finish in the Champions League places, never would I have thought we’d be on such low odds.

Next season I think we will finish lower than 6th with all the extra European games plus probably losing Mac and Caicedo.

I think a getting to the knock out stages of the Europa League and a top half finish would a very good season.
The bookies are such crooks. 5/1 is nothing like the real odds.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I make it 24 points against the bottom 6.

Bournemouth-6

Forest-1

Everton-3

Leicester-4

Leeds-4

Southampton-6
By my arithmetic we got 46 points from the 20 games against teams in the bottom half of the table, 2.3 pts per game. Our achilles heel was the 4 teams directly below us. 1 point from 8 games, but of course those 4 teams did get a little help from their "friends".

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
If you
What are you on about? There are 20 teams in the premier league, so 4 quartiles of 5 teams. We finished in the second quartile.
If you, @Machiavelli and @jeremy fisher had bothered to read and digest the information in #11 then you'd know what I was 'on about'.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

You think finishing 10th next season would be a good season!? If that happens we could see a real slide back into obscurity I reckon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here