Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The time is 18.10....

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Why o why build the ground in Sussex when I live in Shropshire??

Seriously I remember the embarrassment of being able to attend a game at Withdean and getting home too quickly. In the early 80's at the Goldstone it would take forever in traffic jams to get home. We have company tickets for (cough) old trafford and you do not get out of their in a hurry.

Time to get home will always be longer the more people that attend.

Just think how long it is going to take after the midweek game vs Barcelona in the Champions League in 2 years...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't get me wrong, good game blah blah top of the league blah.

However there were some really old guys who were stood waiting for over an hour for the bus. It's ok now but in January when it's cold / wet it's not acceptable. There was no shelter, nowhere to sit, one guy looked like he was really struggling.

I could have had a nice(ish) glass of wine!

I did, in the North Stand bar. Maybe have a small celebratory drink after the game, instead of rushing off ?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Leaving the West stand, the 23/25 terminus is just 50 yards or so up the hill but would the jobsworth steward let me walk up the road?

No, and don't say 'safety' because you could walk up the hill if you were a VIP or guest (aren't I both?) so I had to take the 'safer' option of going back through 19,000 people, around the ground, up the crowded steps through the P&R to the top of the hill then along to the the terminus to see TWO buses pulling away, buses I could have caught if not for Jobsworth.

So, I headed back down the road I wasn't allowed up, exchamging pleasantries with said steward once again, and over to the Lewes Road stop. Packed out, buses flying by (and not all full), so a walk down to Coldean Lane. Eventually boarded a bus at 17.45, nearly an hour after I could have been on.

Sometimes there are sensible stewards on that road who live in the real world.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Ok, there's not much point keeping this going but most other people manage to stay behind for a drink then get to where they need to easily, without taxis. There is a reasonable amount of public transport available after the game specific stuff has gone. Can't you work out a different route?

Not really, this is a constant frustration. I live in Woodingdean, there is no path to walk on and no public transport. Like i say im quite happy to sort myself out but its not good enough. In Woodingdean, Rottingdean, Saltdean, Peacehaven there must be a population of around 250'000, they cant get home if they stay past 17:45.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here