Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The things we do for love.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Put up with Ballet at Covent Garden, ballsachingly boring and expensive in equal measures, plus had to go to London to endure it.

Still she loved it and has come to watch cricketball with me several times which is not her thing - given how Sussex are at present it isn't mine either... :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Should never do things for love.

When you give the ladies what they want when they want it, then they want it all the time.

When you give the ladies what they need when they need it, then they need it all the time.

If they want to do women stuff, like shopping, then they should go with another woman. I certainly won't. If they want something hideous like a Robbie Williams concert... they can go with whoever but me. If I end up losing my girl to some barefoot saxophone player because I couldn't bother... so be it.

Mind, I've been single for four years...

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Should never do things for love.

When you give the ladies what they want when they want it, then they want it all the time.

When you give the ladies what they need when they need it, then they need it all the time.

If they want to do women stuff, like shopping, then they should go with another woman. I certainly won't. If they want something hideous like a Robbie Williams concert... they can go with whoever but me. If I end up losing my girl to some barefoot saxophone player because I couldn't bother... so be it.

Mind, I've been single for four years...

Only the four, you say?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, not the 10cc song.

Mrs LLF has a significant birthday coming up, so I am making the ultimate sacrifice and I have just secured 2 tickets to see Robbie Williams on his forthcoming tour.

She loves the cheeky scamp, me, I’m not so keen. It will be the third time I have accompanied her to see Mr Williams.
I’ll be honest, I’m not looking forward to it.

So, what’s the worst thing you’ve had to do for love?

He was great at the soccer aid. Best I have ever heard him. He is an entertainer. Hardly a big sacrifice imo

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I recently started going out with a woman who works at London Zoo.

I think she’s a keeper.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why don’t you switch it up a bit and take her away for a romantic few days in Italy or something?

Most brownie points I've got in one go was for Mrs P's 50th. As far as she was concerned, we were going up to London for the weekend to see a show and stay up there.

On the train up, just after we went through Three Bridges, I got a present out of my bag for her and told her she had to unwrap it there and then. Begrudgingly (the train was very busy) she agreed, and opened it to find her passport. Many quizzical looks came my way until the train pulled in to Gatwick and I said, come on we've got to get off. What I'd actually booked was a long weekend in Amsterdam, where she'd wanted to go for ages.

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Mrs Shingle doesn't like Januarys, she suffers from SAD or so she says, so I try to take her away flashpacking to a 'cheap' country for 4-6 weeks or so, usually Ethiopia or Myanmar in recent years, but due to civil war in both countries this year we got a cheap flight to Peru :blush:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No, not the 10cc song.

Mrs LLF has a significant birthday coming up, so I am making the ultimate sacrifice and I have just secured 2 tickets to see Robbie Williams on his forthcoming tour.

She loves the cheeky scamp, me, I’m not so keen. It will be the third time I have accompanied her to see Mr Williams.
I’ll be honest, I’m not looking forward to it.

So, what’s the worst thing you’ve had to do for love?

Genesis at Wembley Stadium

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Mrs Shingle doesn't like Januarys, she suffers from SAD or so she says, so I try to take her away flashpacking to a 'cheap' country for 4-6 weeks or so, usually Ethiopia or Myanmar in recent years, but due to civil war in both countries this year we got a cheap flight to Peru :blush:

oh yes....i like that train of thought...!!

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
You could just not bother with the ladies, then you can please yourself, end of problems

And how ironic 69 posts when I post this ������

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Put up with her moronic brother at Christmas for the last ten years.

Never again though. Threw him out last Christmas and told Mrs. R. it was him or me.

Fortunately she chose me…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here