Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swan, is it still doing a BBQ on match days?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I haven't been up there since the summer, whats the deal? are they still selling pre-match food in the marquee?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Still loving the Swan for a pre/post match drink on the occasions I get a chance too.

the home game against Hull was brilliant, hopefully the spring months will see more of the same in the beer garden with away fans.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I still can't work out how to get there from Falmer station, if anyone has 5 mins to draw the route on Google maps I will be very grateful.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Leave the station and go under the subway to get to the other side of the main road.
Go right and follow the main road up to the top of the slip way road.
At the top by the little roundabout, go straight across, slightly to your right and there's a footpath on your left that will take you to the Swan.
About a 10 minute walk maximum if you dawdle.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I still can't work out how to get there from Falmer station, if anyone has 5 mins to draw the route on Google maps I will be very grateful.

Oh it really is perfectly simple. Come out of Falmer station through the ticket office and head straight to the subway. Go under the A27 and then follow the path all the way along the side of the A27 (Eastbourne direction) up the slip road to the roundabout. Go straight over the roundabout and you are there. Ten minute walk maximum!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could we ever have imagined a thread like this 5 years ago ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not been there since the Hull match when it was pretty warm still. Perfect place for a pre match drink and plenty of space outside. The stewards there were a bit grumpy though and told some Hull fans off for singing!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i never thought that anything could replace a £4 pre-game carvery from the sportsman, but that bbq at the swan really is something else

its fast becoming what i look forward to most about going to the amex

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Leave the station and go under the subway to get to the other side of the main road.
Go right and follow the main road up to the top of the slip way road.
At the top by the little roundabout, go straight across, slightly to your right and there's a footpath on your left that will take you to the Swan.
About a 10 minute walk maximum if you dawdle.

Or get the 28 / 29 bus from town that stops just off the roundabout next to the pub - 1 minute walk!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i still need to do this before a game, it sounds pretty good

It's rubbish-don't bother. The food is crap and the beer isn't much better.

You're much better off using The Amex for food and beer. Honest!

Only need to convince the rest of NSC now so the queues at The Swan don't reach East Stand proportions...

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Oh it really is perfectly simple. Come out of Falmer station through the ticket office and head straight to the subway. Go under the A27 and then follow the path all the way along the side of the A27 (Eastbourne direction) up the slip road to the roundabout. Go straight over the roundabout and you are there. Ten minute walk maximum!

Thank you, I thought you had to head past the stadium and along village way :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here