The Sun's apology

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
I think the main reason for no prosecution is the same as with all issues concerning collective deaths and corporate manslaughter.

It is nigh on impossible to prosecute a single person when an organisation is responsible be it the West Yorkshire Constabulary, Railtrack or whoever.

Sorry to be pedantic Beachy but it was South Yorkshire Constablulary.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Sorry to be pedantic Beachy but it was South Yorkshire Constablulary.

Yes I expect geographically you are more aware.

The issue remains IMHO corporate manslaughter which has proved very difficult to prosecute in court.

However pensioning off the relevant police who were in charge was disgraceful to say the least.

Smart Mart said:
I think it shows how hypocritical that rag really is.

The Sun has casually trashed hundreds of peoples reputations over the years, but its only when it looks like its sales figures are going to be affected that it prints an apology.

I think you'll find that they are printing this apology just to be melodramatic and raise the profile of their latest 'coup Rooney - and affect their sales figures into the plus-plus zones.
It's tantamount to showing Camilla Parker Bowles naked and then saying it was in response to their showing Lady Di sunbathing topless years back and they want to put a record straight by doing it. Trash paper doing trashy things to sell their rubbish.

There are better papers, and unless you need something to pass the time on the train you can get most news online anyway, and save wasting paper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports