Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Sun - nurses ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you think The Sun will call the striking nurses ……. Militants ?

Do you think the government will cave in ?

Do you think the nurses will cave in ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I just feel so sorry for the patients who had chemotherapy or radiotherapy booked on the strike dates and it had to be postponed at short notice. It's playing with people's lives.

If they can afford to strike and have a day watching Loose Women or whatever without pay, then they can't be that badly off. My older sister is a nurse and refused to strike because she cares very deeply for her patients.

Dec 29, 2011
I just feel so sorry for the patients who had chemotherapy or radiotherapy booked on the strike dates and it had to be postponed at short notice. It's playing with people's lives.

If they can afford to strike and have a day watching Loose Women or whatever without pay, then they can't be that badly off. My older sister is a nurse and refused to strike because she cares very deeply for her patients.
Yes, nurses fault, not Tory fault.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, running the NHS into the ground is indeed playing with people's lives. Perhaps the government should pay the NHS a fair wage? Just an idea.

If they can afford to strike and have a day watching Loose Women or whatever without pay, then they can't be that badly off.
Oh wow, you've gone full stupid.

My older sister is a nurse and refused to strike because she cares very deeply for her patients.
Ah, so now you're accusing the NHS (who just got us through covid at risk to their own lives) of not caring about patients. Genius.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I know three nurses, and they pretty much all have said the same. I suppose it's because they are empathic by nature, they said, everyone is feeling the pinch at the moment, so we just need to dig deep again, as harming other humans is just not on our agendas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm sure you are fully aware of the reasons why they have been pushed in to such drastic action ? Too important to strike but not important enough to pay properly. .oh, and the strike would not have gone ahead had Rishi agreed to talks. ...Hay ho, Rishi's only political agenda is to try to turn the population against Unions, and by extension, the Labour Party. So, address your concerns to him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Have a little read of this

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/w...be-exempt-from-strikes-but-not-ae-02-12-2022/

and then your next post may be slightly better informed, but to be honest (just between you and me), I don't hold out a lot of hope :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Inform yourself. Chemo and radiotherapy went ahead.
As for your Loose Women quote? Well, I just hope your sister isn’t as thick as you because if so I wouldn’t want her anywhere near a patient.

Seriously, get a clue before you offer up another one of your incorrect opinions. Now is not the time for ill-informed morons like you, spouting bullshit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no
yes (end up offering more)
yes (wont get 17%)

i was surprised less than quarter of trusts had strikes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know three nurses, and they pretty much all have said the same. I suppose it's because they are empathic by nature, they said, everyone is feeling the pinch at the moment, so we just need to dig deep again, as harming other humans is just not on our agendas.
My NHS nurse wife won’t be striking and she didn’t vote. It’s not political for her and she’s not against the strikers one jot. But she just wants to spend every shift helping the sick, the old and less experienced colleagues.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
My NHS nurse wife won’t be striking and she didn’t vote. It’s not political for her and she’s not against the strikers one jot. But she just wants to spend every shift helping the sick, the old and less experienced colleagues.
God bless her, I would love to give her a rise.
Standing ovation coming from me, you have hit the jackpot sir, please send her my most respected wishes. She has me cry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jesus, I knew the NHS had been run down, but it sounds like the staff are as fragile as the patients.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Yes, running the NHS into the ground is indeed playing with people's lives. Perhaps the government should pay the NHS a fair wage? Just an idea.

Oh wow, you've gone full stupid.

Ah, so now you're accusing the NHS (who just got us through covid at risk to their own lives) of not caring about patients. Genius.
Where did I say that they don't care about patients? They have to make their point. It's just terribly unfortunate it's coincided with bad weather, rail strikes and hospital letters stuck in the post. :down:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
17% doesn't even get their real terms wages back to what they were before the Tories got in. Also a back of fag packet calculation suggests all our public servants could have their demands met for less than Rishis relatively recent £7.8 billion tax cut for the city.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But I'm not saying that. Yes, they deserve FAR more pay and all the nurses I have spoken to have refused to strike. It's sod's law we get the worse start to winter for over 30 years with the temperatures at the moment. :(
I'm sorry but it is not sod's law. It's not even pure incompetence, we now have a ridiculous unelected third attempt at Johnson's cabal in Government, and having forced thousands into small boats across the channel, they will now stop any agreements with the Unions (see the last minute change to the rail worker's negotiations) in order to keep focus away from their incompetence, backhanders and simple basic and stupid corruption).

A few very simple things to watch, because I know a few struggle with words

Immigrants, Unions, unfortunately we can't blame the EU anymore, but Britain is going down the pan at a frightening rate and yet you still think it's someone else's fault :dunce:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pretty much what all the nurses I know have said. Didn’t vote or voted against it and will not be striking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here