Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The students are at it again after the Queen's Speech

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why have you put something in quotation marks that I didn't write? Quite fond of just making stuff up aren't you!
Mind boggling. I'll leave you to it, you are utterly incapable of intelligent debate and it's a waste of time. A good day to you.

:lolol: pot and kettle spring to mind.
We are all either "simple" or other gems, why debate, tis obvious your opinions are totally fact and correct. Priceless.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why have you put something in quotation marks that I didn't write? Quite fond of just making stuff up aren't you!
Mind boggling. I'll leave you to it, you are utterly incapable of intelligent debate and it's a waste of time. A good day to you.

Really! Ok, to quote you "top earners pay loads of tax. Or are supposed to. They dont in practice...". Did you not mean that?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I shan't be backpacking dear chap.

Now why does somebody who always plays the poor me and those nasty people with often hard earned money, seem to be the chap that would go abroad backpacking. Eek out your well earned austerity and enjoy yourself.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I`d say its entry level stuff to ridicule point on exact figures.... exaggerration is used by everyone......For example..if I was to think you a bit of a dick...It would make my point better if I threw in a couple of expletives as well...
Surely you agree ???

Nope, it would put you on Nibbles level of debating, rise above "dear chap" :wink:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Now why does somebody who always plays the poor me and those nasty people with often hard earned money, seem to be the chap that would go abroad backpacking. Eek out your well earned austerity and enjoy yourself.

I never play the "poor me" part, good luck to those who earn money, I earned mine and I'll be doing what I wish with it. After tax of course! earn as much as you can, earn millions if you can, it's good for the economy. But we only ask they pay their taxes, like everyone else. Right, left or centre politics, it stands.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Christ Nibble you seem to be getting Knobbled...Think I`ll leave others to it...............

Just because it's 3 on one it doesn't make the majority correct. I stand by my points but repeating them to children like yourself is pointless. I have some chores to tend to. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and try not to say or do anything too idiotic out there. Toodlepip.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I never play the "poor me" part, good luck to those who earn money, I earned mine and I'll be doing what I wish with it. After tax of course! earn as much as you can, earn millions if you can, it's good for the economy. But we only ask they pay their taxes, like everyone else. Right, left or centre politics, it stands.

That is a very sensible post :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nope, it would put you on Nibbles level of debating, rise above "dear chap" :wink:

SM, yo will be pleased to note that consumer confidence its a record high since the Great crash and that economic growth is up several notches according tothe CBI. The momentum is building, wages starting to outstrip inflation. Hopefully it will continue

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is because finally it has gone from a "right wing" and rich agenda, to realising that tax evasion is not just restricted to the rich only.
Anyway, as one of the a fore mentioned "children", i am off to play on the swings at the park.

Yes i noticed that change too.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
SM, yo will be pleased to note that consumer confidence its a record high since the Great crash and that economic growth is up several notches according tothe CBI. The momentum is building, wages starting to outstrip inflation. Hopefully it will continue

I think you are right HG.
The construction industry is always the first to go into recession, up to two years sometimes before it fully takes effect in other parts of the working environment.
This time it was Oct 2007, although wages had been either static or dropping from 2004.
A barometer of the economy is if the construction/refurbishing/building is picking up......at the moment it is definitely picking up.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh dear,sense of humour failure.
I thought WQW 's post was quite funny.
If one isn't too po-faced ,of course! Blimey, some people take things so seriously.:rolleyes:

It's his standard line, along with his chums. If it were the other way round he'd be going on about sneering, middle classes in their ivory towers or whatever vacuous sound bite is flavour of the month. Unless of course I've missed out on the irony of the poster that is wellquickwoody :shrug: I think I'll probably find my laughs elsewhere on NSC.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It's his standard line, along with his chums. If it were the other way round he'd be going on about sneering, middle classes in their ivory towers or whatever vacuous sound bite is flavour of the month. Unless of course I've missed out on the irony of the poster that is wellquickwoody :shrug: I think I'll probably find my laughs elsewhere on NSC.

Oh come on,W.C., this is NSC, after all.
It is not worth getting too exercised about comments on here, whatever side of an argument/discussion one is on.
Still thought it was rather funny.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
No, that's a fact. Not all from wealthy earners not paying but that goes in the mix too.

The most accurate estimate, note not guesstimate was £34 billion for the 2012-2013 fiscal period and is steadily rising.

Source:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eal-34billion-owed-hmrc-went-unpaid-year.html
The amount may be "steadily rising" but as a percentage of total tax take that is the first rise in at least the 8 years of data included in the article. Could just be a blip.
Also worth noting that the hidden economy is estimated as much bigger than tax avoidance. I.e it is your working man taking cash that is not paying tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here