The students are at it again after the Queen's Speech

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
austerity is all well and good if it applies across all sections of society. You can bet your bottom dollar that the super rich are not having to tighten their belts. As an example of this sales of Superyachts have been rising steadily year on year not affected in the slightest by the GFC, recession or austerity.

That's 'cos they are 'super rich'!!!!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Coming from a man who thinks cancer charity work is all just PC nonsense, it's hardly surprising you're so HUGELY patronising of others and their opinions when they differ to your own.
Nothing could make me want to support the protests more than this kind of arrogant sneering, so thanks, I'll be looking in to them a little.

Oh dear,sense of humour failure.
I thought WQW 's post was quite funny.
If one isn't too po-faced ,of course! Blimey, some people take things so seriously.:rolleyes:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got the gist of it.

We all got the gist of it. Top earners pay loads of tax. Or are supposed to. They don't in practice but like made up figures, let's not these silly little facts get in the way of a good, ill informed, right wing agenda. Just make it up?? It's entry level stuff this, you'd get laughed out of any debate in the land for making numbers up and passing it off as fact. And rightly so.
Heavens to bloody Murgatroyde. It's like debating with The Krankies.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We all got the gist of it. Top earners pay loads of tax. Or are supposed to. They don't in practice but like made up figures, let's not these silly little facts get in the way of a good, ill informed, right wing agenda. Just make it up?? It's entry level stuff this, you'd get laughed out of any debate in the land for making numbers up and passing it off as fact. And rightly so.

I got the gist of this as well. "you'd get laughed out of any debate in the land", so that is fact as well eh, or are you just "making up the numbers".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got the gist of this as well. "you'd get laughed out of any debate in the land", so that is fact as well eh, or are you just "making up the numbers".

Well yeah. It is fact. Would you take a newspaper article seriously or a news report if it just made up it's stats and figures. I would have though that would be obvio... Oh wait, I just saw which poster you are. Maybe not that obvious.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well yeah. It is fact. Would you take a newspaper article seriously or a news report if it just made up it's stats and figures. I would have though that would be obvio... Oh wait, I just saw which poster you are. Maybe not that obvious.

A "news report" is not " any debate in the land" is it. I think a debate is similar to Question Time is it not. Do the panelists not sometimes use "made up stats and figures". Do they get " get laughed out of any debate in the land for making numbers up and passing it off as fact"?
Perhaps that it not "obvious" to you actually, when you "make up the numbers" and trade them as fact.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are being forced to pay, out of our own pockets, out of the mouths of our children, FORCED to pay for criminal activity by bankers and total incompetence by successive governments. It's theft. They are literally stealing from us. If someone doesn't think that is worth protesting about then they deserve to have it stolen.

You are going to the prostest Nibble?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A "news report" is not " any debate in the land" is it. I think a debate is similar to Question Time is it not. Do the panelists not sometimes use "made up stats and figures". Do they get " get laughed out of any debate in the land for making numbers up and passing it off as fact"?
Perhaps that it not "obvious" to you actually, when you "make up the numbers" and trade them as fact.

Are you on glue? Of course they would be booed and laughed at if it was revealed at the time they had made up a so called fact. I genuinely think you're a bit simple. All the very best.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The fact that there are billions of pounds of unpaid tax is a big clue.

"Top earners pay loads in tax but dont" was your statement. Wrong. Fail. Some, yes, all no. and there are those who should pay basic tax but dont, some but not all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Top earners pay loads in tax but dont" was your statement. Wrong. Fail. Some, yes, all no. and there are those who should pay basic tax but dont, some but not all.

Why have you put something in quotation marks that I didn't write? Quite fond of just making stuff up aren't you!
Mind boggling. I'll leave you to it, you are utterly incapable of intelligent debate and it's a waste of time. A good day to you.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Are you on glue? Of course they would be booed and laughed at if it was revealed at the time they had made up a so called fact. I genuinely think you're a bit simple. All the very best.

Well a little better insult than "idiot" and "****tard" and other insults you put up when you do not agree with an opinion. I tend to think your difference of opinion might carry more weight if you could actually address the points instead of insulting when you do not agree.
That to me is quite "simple" in my opinion.
Maybe your backpacking around the globe might make you open your eyes, i can just see you bleating and insulting those that would only dream of having as much as most do in this country.
Make sure you join up with the students, who have paid no tax but are the authority on austerity.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

I`d say its entry level stuff to ridicule point on exact figures.... exaggerration is used by everyone......For example..if I was to think you a bit of a dick...It would make my point better if I threw in a couple of expletives as well...
Surely you agree ???

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well a little better insult than "idiot" and "****tard" and other insults you put up when you do not agree with an opinion. I tend to think your difference of opinion might carry more weight if you could actually address the points instead of insulting when you do not agree.
That to me is quite "simple" in my opinion.
Maybe your backpacking around the globe might make you open your eyes, i can just see you bleating and insulting those that would only dream of having as much as most do in this country.
Make sure you join up with the students, who have paid no tax but are the authority on austerity.

I shan't be backpacking dear chap.

How is making shit up an "opinion", I treated it with the contempt it deserved, if he'd taken the time to listen to my constructive comments about debate he'd be better for it, instead he sticks bloody mindedly to the idea that it's acceptable to just make up figures to make a point. It negates his whole argument. The man's an idiot and his failure to take in a lesson when it's being taught will ensure he remains so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports