Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The students are at it again after the Queen's Speech

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Firstly, all, really?

Secondly, just in case you didn't realise, this place often works as a discussion forum,

Point out the 'discussing' part of your patronising post will you? I must have missed it.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Well I'll be going. Ordinarily I'd take my children but fear of the behaviour of the police means I won't take them. I own my own business and am middle aged with enough income.

I am seriously concerned about many of the government's proposals and feel voiceless so will protest peacefully.

As is my right to do so

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
There is an alternative to austerity, we can all pay more taxes to plug the deficit. That doesn't just mean the rich and big business, it means all of us. I hope those politicians esp SNP will be voting against the Govt outlawing raising taxes. What a ridiculous idea when we have a huge deficit. Surely a balance between tax rises and spending cuts is the sensible way forward ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well being someone who is passionately anti-austerity, I think it's important that people protest non-violently against this government and completely support them in doing so. Might even pop along myself on June 20th.

Non violent? What? Rent-a-mob will be there. Non violent.:lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We are being forced to pay, out of our own pockets, out of the mouths of our children, FORCED to pay for criminal activity by bankers and total incompetence by successive governments. It's theft. They are literally stealing from us. If someone doesn't think that is worth protesting about then they deserve to have it stolen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Good example. Taxing footballers is a great start. Now all they need to do is successfully tax their cronies in big business and there is non need for austerity measures. Trouble is they only really like taxing working and middle class people.

true, apart from the >50 contribution from the top earners.

We are being forced to pay, out of our own pockets, out of the mouths of our children, FORCED to pay for criminal activity by bankers and total incompetence by successive governments. It's theft. They are literally stealing from us. If someone doesn't think that is worth protesting about then they deserve to have it stolen.

they do say tax is theft, so yes, they are forcing you to pay for all the public services. i didnt put you down as a supporter of economic right, mimimal state.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
true, apart from the >50 contribution from the top earners.

they do say tax is theft, so yes, they are forcing you to pay for all the public services. i didnt put you down as a supporter of economic right, mimimal state.

You're obviously being deliberately obtuse but even you don't deserve the country the UK is being turned into. The public services are being stolen from us.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

You can`t get away from the fact though that the so called "greedy rich" top 15% of earners pay 75% of our taxes...we`d be in the proverbial if they moved abroad..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You can`t get away from the fact though that the so called "greedy rich" top 15% of earners pay 75% of our taxes...we`d be in the proverbial if they moved abroad..

Assuming your fact is correct which I am not sure it is (even the Daily Mail says the top 25%), I don't think this excuses tax avoidance.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
only my guesstimate...

Not saying this in an annoyed way but if you want to be taken at all seriously don't just "guesstimate" and pass it off as fact. It embarrasses you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Coffee is this century's con, last century it was bottled water.
This is fine though as it has bought down the price of tea in cafés and coffee shops because people don't want it. It's a far superior drink although it is in imminent danger of 25 year old gentlemen in tweed and sporting ironic moustaches, taking it over as a hipster pass time in which case it will become exorbitant.
**** Starbucks in the arse.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not saying this in an annoyed way but if you want to be taken at all seriously don't just "guesstimate" and pass it off as fact. It embarrasses you.

Doesn`t embarrass me at all,I think my point came across ok.......whether it be 10% pay 90% or 25% pay 75% my point was understood I`m sure by most..

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Coffee is this century's con, last century it was bottled water.
This is fine though as it has bought down the price of tea in cafés and coffee shops because people don't want it. It's a far superior drink although it is in imminent danger of 25 year old gentlemen in tweed and sporting ironic moustaches, taking it over as a hipster pass time in which case it will become exorbitant.
**** Starbucks in the arse.

You're spot on with bottled water, people moaning about the price of petrol when they pick up a bottle of water at the garage paying twice the price of petrol per litre without batting an eyelid !! You can get 24 x 500ml bottles of water at Bookers for £3, and sell the case for £24 through your shop !!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Doesn`t embarrass me at all,I think my point came across ok.......whether it be 10% pay 90% or 25% pay 75% my point was understood I`m sure by most..

Really?! That's how you discuss things? By making up shit and hoping "people get the point".
Idiots, the world is yours for the taking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here