Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The striker we buy in January...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Disagree. Little between them. I would have started Hemed today after Murray’s non event of a performance vs Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 things from what I have read and seen - personal opinion

Its asking an awful lot of some of our slightly older players to play United, Palace, and Liverpool in a week or so. I think Hemed for Murray would have been a reasonable opinion
Brown - really should have started with Solly or Izqueirdo. At least give the sort of okish Liverpool defence soething to worry about, they have more hunger

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In block D of the NS today, Bong and Murray were repeatedly called c**ts and more by several 'fans'.

Murray at his age and Hemed were never going to bang in a stack of vital PL goals. They've done well for their limited or aged attributes at the highest level.

Instead of over reacting against Murray, I simply hope we have a quality striker with pace lined up to join us on 1st Jan.

Bong was steady in the first half considering Brown didn’t once track back.

Murray just needs to be rotated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the back of another clean sheet with added 3 points from a team so stinky it contains Hemed, March, Knockaert, Propper and Stephens being far too defensive, as well as a sulky Columbian with an attitude problem, I feel the need to once again call the new fella

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I really don't see us getting anyone in on the January transfer. Well maybe a loanee but i doubt TB will spend out anymore at this stage.

Sorry, but that would be the biggest mistake TB could make right now. Yeah, we are doing OK, yeah we are on target to survive at the half way point. But be honest, do we actually trouble opposition defences, do we make them think twice before going up to attack a corner, do the rest of the PL actually consider our attacking potential? No.

We all know that we have been lacking a top quality goal scorer for around 2 and half years, if we go down now because of a lack of firepower then TB should only look at himself. That is not a criticism of his leadership as he is an Albion legend, but a reality of not paying the going rate for goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or is there so much whooshing on this thread I fear it may blow my doors in? :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am hopeful of a young Defoe type player coming in during the January window but just hope it is on 1st not 31st as usual. We have some winable games in January that we need 3 points from.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am hopeful of a young Defoe type player coming in during the January window but just hope it is on 1st not 31st as usual. We have some winable games in January that we need 3 points from.

Back to agreeing with you, yes, but with a bit more height.....

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Son at Spurs would be the type of player we need, fast and an eye for goal....doubt they would sell him though, even though he is a bit of a squad player there?

I expect we have someone in France, Germany or Spain lined up?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is there a striker out there who...
wants to come?
is available?
is affordable?
is any good?
who can actually score goals?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If we buy anyone, it will be somebody that NSC has never heard of before (like all the rest).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I really don't see us getting anyone in on the January transfer. Well maybe a loanee but i doubt TB will spend out anymore at this stage.

You are a fool then. Luckily, Tony isn’t.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, yes he would.

:goal:

Yes, because he was sssooo good for Burnley against us... not. Average player, and we WILL do better.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Is there a striker out there who...
wants to come?
is available?
is affordable?
is any good?
who can actually score goals?

There ****ing well better be...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports