The Streets of Brighton and Hove

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The road I live now:

"...became the 'temporary' home of Brighton & Hove Albion in 1999, after the club's directors sold the Goldstone Ground in Old Shoreham Road, until 2011, when the Albion moved to the Amex Stadium"

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Bute Street. Proposed renumbering 2 September 1881. Come at me bro!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
13 was the final home of Lt-Col Cecil Beresford (d1959), said to have kicked the first football into no man's land at the Battle of Loos in 1915.

Jan 30, 2008
Full of student lets now, what a shit hole some of those streets are with all pizza boxes and beer cans strewn all over the place
regards
DR

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's an interesting site: it would be good if they covered all the streets though. Neither the street where I live nor the one I grew up on is there: it would be fantastic if they could cover them all

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's an interesting site: it would be good if they covered all the streets though. Neither the street where I live nor the one I grew up on is there: it would be fantastic if they could cover them all

It would be good. My second and third addresses are not included, my fourth is brief and my fifth is even briefer. Thehistoryman's encyclopaedia is also excellent, of course!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This might be of interest as well. I nearly ended up working for them, but the Curator never returned my calls after an initially promising chat:

http://www.mhms.org.uk/

The house I spent the first year of my life in is now part of Brighton history, with its site lying under the A23/A27 flyover at Patcham. And the North Stand sits on top of where my Dad did his BEd degree, at the then Brighton College of Education.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Pretty pink fairy;6858190 what a shit hole some of those streets are with all pizza boxes and beer cans strewn all over the place regards DR[/QUOTE said:
Did you get lost on your way home from town again? :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Even without my street, that site is great for browsing. I've only just learned, for example, that Withdean didn't become part of Brighton until 1928. That just seems weird to me - it's not that far out of town

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Very interesting !
It appears that Sir William Alexander Maxwell 8th Baronet of Calderwood, died 150 years ago (in a fortnight) in the house I lived in, in Hove.
Steve Ovett who won his gold @ Moscow lived 2 doors up from a year afterwards, but surprisingly he is not referenced there nor at his prior abode in Montpelier Crescent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports