Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Stranglers - The Dome Tonight

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw them last year. They were ok but but not the same without Hugh.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Down in the Sewer (with Hugh C., 1979)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Saw them at the Roundhouse in London last week. They were ok but its disturbing to see your generation all around you as the years roll on. Not a pretty sight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Walk On By is the greatest ever cover version

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
George was just an amazing person, what a life

WTF I posted that on another thread

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The gig was superb.

Sadly Jey Black was taken ill earlier this week and is in hospital. Jet wanted the boys to continue with the tour and his understudy did a great job. Get well soon Jet.

The musicianship tonight was ridiculously good. That's the thing for me with the Stranglers unlike a lot of other groups in their genre they have the attitude but also are supreme musicians. Dave Greenfield has to be the greatest rock keyboardist of all time, JJ one of the great bass players, totally unique in his sound and Baz fits Cornwells shoe's more than adequately and is a great guitarist and vocalist.

They were just at the top of their game tonight. Not a note dropped, all performed to perfection.

They did from the first 4 and best 4 albums.

Sometimes
Hanging around
Peaches
No more heroes
Something better change
Tank
Sweden
Rise of the robots
Walk on by
The Raven
Duchess
Golden Brown

Five minutes
Strange little girl
Time to die
All day and all of the night

And 4 tracks from their new album.

1hrs 45 minutes in total including 4 encores

A 10 out of 10 for me. Better than 2011 and up to 2010 but just lost out to 2010 as in 2010 they did Down in the sewer, Nice N Sleazy, Toiler on the sea and Always the sun.

A packed dome loved it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
saw them headline Weyfest (a small festival near Farnham in Hants) a couple of years ago. 45 mins into it, i thought they had done every hit they had ever had and couldn't think what they would play next. but they just keep coming for another 45 mins - song after brilliant song that i had forgotten about.

they were awesome.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Same. Saw them at the Centre, probably early eighties sometime. Massively underrated band. Wardance is an all time classic. Music to MARCH to.

Me to, these were always my favourite band. No more heroes my first album. Brighton centre 82 or 83?? My first gig. saw them two or three times. I like the new stuff too from the videos above. Think I'll get the new stuff

D

Deleted member 2719

saw them headline Weyfest (a small festival near Farnham in Hants) a couple of years ago. 45 mins into it, i thought they had done every hit they had ever had and couldn't think what they would play next. but they just keep coming for another 45 mins - song after brilliant song that i had forgotten about.

they were awesome.

Just down the road for them, i am not sure where they all lived but i do know they use to practice in chiddingfold and golden brown was basically the only record played on the duke box in the local ramnest inn (now Chris Evans Pub the Mulberry).
Did you ever pot the pink to golden brown?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They did this new song from Giants and it sounds as good as some of their classics. I was privliged to have been there yesterday as I fear we may not see Jet on tour again. 73 with heart trouble. Maybe time for Jet to hang up his drumsticks although the guy would probably want to go on stage. Thanks for enhancing my life so much over the decades. Only ONE, THE STRANGLERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKeqKZp4rQ&feature=related

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Great band , last saw them at the hammy odeon:) last year and as usual they were great . Funny thing is , alougth i grew up in the punk era and was into the music , i only really got into them in the last 5 years or so .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here