Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The state of the Albion dressing room

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it the done thing to just throw everything on the floor and expect someone else to pick it up? Why can’t the players put things in bins?

Sorry, that’s a bit random but the place looks like a druggie squat, even before kick off.

Boils my piss :smile:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No dickheads rule doesn’t cover littering or untidiness.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Famously, not for the Japanese team. Maybe that's why Mitoma came out on his own at half time...didn't want to be seen in it.
There was a really sweet moment towards the end of the warm-up. Mitoma took a swig out of a water bottle, then gently lobbed the bottle just beyond the touchline. Then (presumably) having adjudged that it could conceivably be construed as littering, he returned to that bottle and gently replaced it even further back from the touchline. Bless 'im :love:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No dickheads rule doesn’t cover littering or untidiness.
Sadly not. Not sure I could just lob my dirty kit on the floor for a skivvy the pick up. Used to drive me mad when players in my team used to clean the mud off their boots with their socks, with someone’s mum cleaning the kit that week.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
There was a really sweet moment towards the end of the warm-up. Mitoma took a swig out of a water bottle, then gently lobbed the bottle just beyond the touchline. Then (presumably) having adjudged that it could conceivably be construed as littering, he returned to that bottle and gently replaced it even further back from the touchline. Bless 'im :love:
I saw that and thought the same
and that it could potentially cause injury 🤣

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is it the done thing to just throw everything on the floor and expect someone else to pick it up? Why can’t the players put things in bins?

Sorry, that’s a bit random but the place looks like a druggie squat, even before kick off.

Boils my piss :smile:
Think players have always done it, even at Ryman level…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well...people are actively EMPLOYED to take care of all that.

Sure we could have Lewis pushing a broom round and Mac picking up socks and sorting out all the laundry. But I'm not sure that would be the best use of their time in the dressing room.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well...people are actively EMPLOYED to take care of all that.

Sure we could have Lewis pushing a broom round and Mac picking up socks and sorting out all the laundry. But I'm not sure that would be the best use of their time in the dressing room.

And I believe from the Murray/Lewis interview on the pier, Lewis has done that and moved on somewhat :lolol:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I saw that, then he proceeded to take a picture with the mascots.

I believed he thought it might interfere with play but your scenario of littering is better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here