Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Spurs fans - needy?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From my furthest distance away, it seemed like the only ones who stayed were those with signs wanting shirts.

There were more Amazon boxes on display than outside my neighbours front door.

el punal

From my furthest distance away, it seemed like the only ones who stayed were those with signs wanting shirts.

There were more Amazon boxes on display than outside my neighbours front door.
Jeez! If I was given that Spurs away shirt I definitely would have returned it to Amazon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeez! If I was given that Spurs away shirt I definitely would have returned it to Amazon.
'Son, can I please have a god awful shirt from a game where your team was humiliated - it would make my life complete'.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We had two Korean Spurs fans behind us in the West, mother and son - who made no attempt to hide his allegiance. He got so frustrated and pissed off it was wonderful!!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Their shirts were the same colour as Amazon boxes. I’m sure a Spurs defender actually passed to a cardboard box towards the end of the game, presumably thinking it was a Spurs player, and just sent it straight out of play.
Noticed the small numbers on the back of their shirts around the neck line, all seemed to be round the 800 mark. Can only think they are to signify they are the 800ish or so player to play for Spurs, similar to what happens in test cricket?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Imagine if they had come back to 4-4 (which looked a distinct possibility to be honest, if that one that hit the post had gone in to make it 4-3, who knows). What would those who had left be feeling?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Even before our goals started going-in the Spurs fans were very sullen. They seem like a strange moody bunch; it's almost like they hate supporting Spurs and come to the match in a bad mood in order to have their pessimism confirmed.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Even before our goals started going-in the Spurs fans were very sullen. They seem like a strange moody bunch; it's almost like they hate supporting Spurs and come to the match in a bad mood in order to have their pessimism confirmed.
They must rank as the one of the quietest groups of supporters ever at the Amex.
But in fairness, when you think you are a decent side and then have to sit and watch your side being given a footballing lesson it must be hard to start singing enthusiastically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here